Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #121

Just leave sweetener/syrup off. I’d like to try this and add a bit of grated onion and dried chive to the batter. Serve with butter. Mmmmmm

(Adam L) #122

Made them today & put bacon & eggs on top - they were really good. Thought afterwards some grated Parmesan cheese & pepper and/or smoked paprika in the mix could have been nice. Had some Vegemite on one of them which was Awesome!! Love having a real keto option for spreading butter & Vegemite on - thanks @Brenda

(Georgette) #123

Thank you Brenda! This was the best keto breakfast I’ve ever had! The house smells amazing! :heart_eyes:

(Sheri Knauer) #124

You could also put some of that Trader Joes everything bagel seasoning in the batter or make your own compound butter using whatever herbs and spices you like then put that on the waffles when they are warm

(Sheri Knauer) #125

So many good ideas! Im not hungry but thinking about this thread is making my brain think I’m hungry, lol!!

(eat more) #126

check the expiration date! i made that mistake once LOL

(rancid fat cramps and poo isn’t fun…sorry if that is too graphic for a food thread but it needed to be said :expressionless:)

(Sheri Knauer) #127

Good idea. Time. To. Stop. Hordeing. Must make brain realize that pork rinds will always be around.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #128

I hoard spices. And extracts.
NO SHAME

(Roxanne) #129

First try, not bad! Preferred the butter/cheese topping over the whipped cream/berry topping. Can’t imagine eating the third one. Not sure why the pics ended up in reverse order!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #130

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Those are beautiful!!!

(Sheri Knauer) #131

Me too. Thank you for that correct spelling of hoard too. I knew I had it wrong but my damn autocorrect didn’t correct ( of course it always wanted to change keto to veto though)

(Roxanne) #132

First one was a little underdone, I think, I left the other two in longer. I think hubby might like them as a hamburger bun alternative, but we shall see!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #133

How was the texture? Were there hard little bits in the crumbed pork rinds at all? I try and sort those out before making the batter.

(Georgette) #134

I took my stick blender and made the bits smaller. I’m literally so full, I will probably fast until dinner. I need to get a waffle iron now.

(Roxanne) #135

Texture was fine, I was wondering about the bigger bits but your instructions specifically said “crushed but not crumbs” so I didn’t sweat it, and they softened up and weren’t noticeable. Husband just woke up (working nights) and scrarfed the last one down cold and said “make more!!!” But by the time they were done, he pronounced himself full, lol.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #136

Hopefully good as leftovers.
Yes. These should have a disclaimer about how full you get!!

(tina logan) #137

Looking forward to making these! Really do miss waffles since going keto. Marie Emmerich has an awesome butter syrup.

(Alex Dipego) #138

in a rush and threw it in my wok for a double serving :heart::heart:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #139

Yes, but was it good??? :wink:

(Alex Dipego) #140

Does butter melt in your mouth? :grin: