Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(Aimee Moisa) #302

I gotta try this. As soon as my kitchen recovers from the dinner experiment I did tonight! :slight_smile:

(Shayne) #303

Made them this morning. I like them!

If my daughter likes them, then we’re on to something.

I didn’t have hwc, so used 1/2 & 1/2 and butter. And I added an egg.

(Cathy L) #304

Is this a book by Brenda? Or did someone rip off Brenda’s recipe and claim it as their own? The author is Leanne Vogel.

I would like to buy the book

(Tammy) #305

Waffle cones that’s brillant! I actually have a cone maker (basically a very thin waffle maker). Time to make some Keto ice-cream and cones.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #306

They changed the recipe slightly and claimed it as their own. This happens often in the low carb world. It would be nice if I was given credit for the original recipe but that rarely happens. Hey, at least I know I invented them LOL. Leanne Vogel might not have taken the recipe and altered it directly from this site. She might have seen someone else who had already taken the recipe and altered it from this site. Either way whoever does take the recipe from the site and alters it and makes it their own, I hope they can sleep at night. Lol I just know if I wrote a cookbook and I used someone else’s recipe and altered it slightly and called it my own, I would feel pretty guilty about that. I would want to give the original creator credit. But then I have a conscience.
My KetoAide recipe has been recreated as well, slightly changing the spelling of KetoAide.

Oh well. What do you think guys? Should I write a cookbook?

I think you should write a guide to weightlifting. More unique.

(back and doublin' down) #308

Brenda, something tells me that regardless of endeavor, you will succeed! Follow your heart.

mainly I came to the bottom of this thread (TL:DR)(skimmed) to say I made these today and they were amazing! and very filling. This may be my new favorite way to head into a fast. I promise to credit you every time I share it. Thank you for sharing it with us. Can’t believe it took me four months to run across it!

Fried in bacon grease. Syrup was Great Value Sugar Free… it may push the carbs up a bit, yet that’s about the only carbs on the plate. Gotta love keto.

(Christy Frizzell) #309

Made my first batch today…totally inspired by @Brenda and yes…thank you!!
(Topped with maple flavored butter)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #310

I can’t see the pancakes. Are they under there? LOL. And by the way, how do you make your maple flavored butter?

(Christine) #311

Has anyone used the pork rind “flour” for other baking? Seems to bind nicely with eggs. I don’t tolerate nuts (mold on them) and it would be awesome to try baking with pork rind flour instead.

Might start experimenting…

Another idea I had is cricket flour. :cricket::cricket::cricket:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #312

I have used both for other baking

(Christine) #313

Did they turn out well? Or any tricks to using either?

I saw someone mention Bochasweet as a sweetner. Is that Keto Friendly?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #314

No idea about Bochasweet. I have made muffins and cake with pork rind flour, candy and candy bars with cricket flour. Cricket flour is sandy and only act as a filler. Does not add body as pork rind flour does.

(Christy Frizzell) #315

I took 2tbs of Kerrygold stick butter added a few squirts of maple flavor and melted the butter…poured It over them while It was still hot…my hubby said the kitchen smelled like maple syrup when he got up about 20 minutes later :rofl::rofl:

(Debra Moore) #316

OMG, I tried these and they’re the bomb!!!

I miss pancakes, but these hit the spot!

(Catherine Aldous) #317

Brenda, you are a DEAD SET LEGEND!!! I want to thank you from the bottom of my very happy tummy!!! Today was my fourth go at these and 2nd time trying them in a waffle iron (which I borrowed from my mum!) They are scrumptious! This morning I made waffles and ate them with some fresh strawberries and 85% chocolate ganache Om nom nom!!! This afternoon I cooked a double batch up to pop in the freezer so that I can have “bread” when I fancy it (I left out the vanilla and cinnamon so that I can go savoury or sweet)! Thank you thank you thank you!!! Now I need to go and track down a waffle iron for myself

(Debra Moore) #318

FYI, don’t try this recipe with coconut milk. I ran out of heavy cream, but I have an abundance of coconut milk. Always do. So, I tried to substitute the coconut milk for the cream. It wasn’t good. It had the consistency and the taste of an omelet. It kinda made me ill to eat it, tbh.

Or, maybe I did something wrong. I tried it the original way, with the heavy cream, about a week ago, and it was AWESOME!!!

(Christine) #319

I always use full fat coconut milk with an extra tablespoon of coconut oil. It tastes great! Maybe it was the coconut milk brand? (I’m allergic to dairy)

(Hoby Bradfield) #320

Made my first keto waffle… with fried egg, shredded cheddar and picante sauce!

(Jessica M) #321

Omg!!! This is a game changer. Thank you so much for sharing.