Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(Tara) #282

Hey Bob, I basically made the original pankcake recipe at the top, with a pinch of nutmeg :yum:

(Central Florida Bob ) #283

Thanks, Tara.

(Candy Lind) #284

I add water but that’s it. Just fed them to my nearly-keto hubby this morning. :grin:

(Central Florida Bob ) #285

I guess that’s just experience? You see the batter looks too thick and add a tablespoon or something?

It has been so long since I’ve seen actual pancake batter, I don’t have the slightest idea what it should look like.

(Candy Lind) #286

The batter is very thick. I like to thin it down but it never gets similar to “regular” pancake batter. Today I added about 1/4 c water to a single recipe, maybe more. That makes them take a bit longer to cook, but not a lot.

It looks like most people used the original recipe. Some have added a teaspoon of baking powder for added lift and a bit of water to slightly thin the batter to an easier-to-spread consistency.

And oh yeah, at least one person added bacon to the batter. :heart_eyes: :bacon:

(Central Florida Bob ) #288

Thanks, NinMD. I’m guessing the thinner batter would puff up a bit more, too.

Yeah, when I try the recipe soon, I’ll be making both of those adjustments.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #290

Yes, though some people have added chocolate. Cocoa powder to make chocolate waffles. Otherwise people are staying with the standard recipe, yes.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #291

I think some people need to thin out the batter, this is probably because pork rinds can be so different brand to brand.

(Troy) #292

Caving in to make finally!
What’s the best option to substitute for the HWC please ? Non dairy :sweat:
(Butter is fine though)

Thanks

(Candy Lind) #293

I think 2T of butter, ghee or coconut oil would work … might work better if you hit it and the eggs with an immersion blender (or just whip it), then add dry ingredients.

OOH, I think I want some coconut pancakes! :heart_eyes:

(Garry (Canada)) #294

@CandyLindTX
Btw…the caramel syrup in the WF line up is a keeper if you can get your hands on some. :wink:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #295

You could actually just use water, I guess I would substitute almond milk or coconut cream. But really if you just substituted water they still would be good

(Cheryl Meyers) #296

Made these this morning, with almond milk and they turned out great! First one was too big and fell apart. Fried in a mix of coconut oil and a bit of avocado oil. Topped with Walden Farms sugar free syrup. Yum.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #297

Here’s another tip for you, the batter IS thick and when I drop it in the pan I spread it out to the thickness I want. This works very well. I’m going to scroll up and look at my recipe if I haven’t put that up there I will now.
One thing that won’t work well is adding too much extra liquid because then they can take too long to cook and become soggy.

(Robin N) #298

Thank you, Brenda Zorn! Finally made these today… added some maple extract to be sure no pork flavor would come through. (Wanted my picky kids to try before telling them what was in them:wink:.) HIT! Tasted like French toast pancakes! Takes a lot of pork rinds to feed six people, though…this will just have to be an occasional treat. My fam is not keto so I’m happy each time I find another keto meal they’re eager to eat.

Made these for the first time. Super easy, I can see myself making them often. Unfortunately I didn’t have any SF syrup and I was interrupted by a phone call as I was about to eat, so I just ate them dry. I can imagine 100 tasty ways to prepare.

(Laura) #300

You’re my hero!!! My 16 year old just tried and loved these pancakes!!! Thank you!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #301

I made these last year as a food demo at ketofest 2017.

I’ll be making them again this Saturday morning at ketofest 2018