Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #181

You’re very welcome! Yes, they are a regular part of my diet. Have been for three years + !!

(Dustin Bowen) #182

Heard you give out this recipe on the podcast while walking this morning and as soon as I got in the house I made these. YOU ARE AN AMAZING HUMAN BEING FOR COMING UP WITH THESE!! Seriously, thank you I missed pancakes and these are so much BETTER! They are on the menu for tomorrow morning with a side of bacon.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #183

Wow. High praise for pork skin…

I’LL TAKE IT! :heart:

Phone battery was critically low, so no photoshoot, but these turn out amazing if you process a few strips of bacon, and throw that in the batter.

And yes, you do have to sing Makin’ Bacon Pancakes the entire time for it to come out right.

You might try letting the batter set a bit longer after mixed. Mine taste nothing like pork rinds.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #186

Unfortunately, your BRAND of pork rinds can make a huge difference. Use more cinnamon/vanilla to cover the taste!

(jilliangordona) #187

I was one of the people those thought you were crazy, but I made some thing morning and even my brother who DESPISES pork rinds love them!

(Cindy) #188

Anyone else having trouble getting the waffles crispy? Love the flavor, but I’ve upped the cooking time significantly and they still are very bread-like.

(James storie) #189

My were like that coming out, but after cooling a bit they stiffened right up!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #190

Don’t despair. I’m still crazy, pork rind pancakes and all…

(G. Andrew Duthie) #191

I find that with both these and the almond flour recipe I use. After taking them out of the iron, consider putting them in the toaster oven for a few minutes. That sends to help with crispness.

(Garry Weil) #192

Love Lindt!

(Lynn Price) #193

I can’t stand the porky smell. I ran across a recipe on Pintrest that suggested grinding up the pork rinds, then tossing them into the freezer. I tried this, and it totally works. No smell, no funky taste…and cooks up amazingly well. I also use the ground up pork rinds in place of panko flakes. A-MAZING.

(Lynn Price) #194

I would have never believed this recipe was going to be anything but gross. Tried it this morning. Incredible! The most pancake-y recipe of all I’ve tried. I added quite a bit of almond milk to make the batter more runny. I also added maple flavoring, and a T of Just Like Sugar. Slapped on some butter and a squirt of sugar-free Torani salted caramel syrup. I got five pancakes out of the recipe, but I could only eat one. Thank you so much for this recipe!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #195

This is a common theme.

Glad you enjoy them :slight_smile:

(Kim) #196

Made the waffles for my husband for Father’s Day. Didn’t have syrup but used strawberry coconut butter

(Jeff Logullo) #197

I had waffles this Fathers Day morning – with Spam! Brenda Zorn: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #198

Damn yummy little buggers aren’t they? Folks don’t know what they’re missing!

(Christa Simmons) #199

Has anybody tried making these ahead of time, or freezing them?

I have only been keto for a little over a week, this is my first time trying these…OMG, these are AWESOME!!! The whole family enjoyed them, I used cream cheese as a topping since I am still trying to keep myself and the family away from anything sweet flavored for another week or so. SOOOOO GOOD Thank you for sharing your recipe with all of us

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #200

YES!! They reheat splendidly!!!

You can even pop them in the toaster like an Eggo waffle but WATCH IT! They have a lot of fat and so get VERY hot VERY quickly.

Also they can be microwaved to reheat. Some of the non-microwave users have reheated in a hot skillet :slight_smile: