Pork Ribeye Roast

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

Have you ever tried this ? Much more tender than pork tenderloin, and even a little cheaper. So my local Walmart has these little 1 1/2 to 2’lb’ish Pork Ribeye Roasts for only like $5. I use them for breakfasts, and slice them about 3/8" thick. Cook on medium low heat, being careful not to over cook them (the only thing that will make them dry and tough)
And yes, it is much leaner than bacon… But that’s not a problem :slight_smile: I also throw in about 1/3 a stick of butter :slight_smile: Between the butter, and the juices that cook out, it makes a fantastic gravy to pour over the top of the pork, and my 3 or 4 eggs :slight_smile: Bam ! I’m good until dinner :wink:

Lately I have been back and forth between this, and Salmon.

Oh, and I guess for those of you weird people that don’t eat breakfast (JK :wink: ) you could do this for lunch or dinner too.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I always eat breakfast! Of course today’s breakfast wasn’t until 5:00 p.m. . . . :bacon:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #3

:smiley: lol I hear you.

My breakfast is pretty consistent at about 8-9am… I try to have dinner at 5 to keep myself on the 8:16 plan… But often times, I get busy with stuff and dinner ends up being a little later… Like 7’ish.

(Windmill Tilter) #4

I’d love to see some pics!

I’ve never seen a pork ribeye roast, but if I can find some at that price you can bet I’ll be tossing a few in the smoker this weekend. :smile:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #5

Sure. I’ll probably have it again tomorrow morning. Will try to remember to snap a few pics :wink:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #6

Okay, so here’s one in the wrap… And my breakfast :slightly_smiling_face:
They are usually pretty small though. 1 1/2 - 2 lbs… Wouldn’t need much time in the smoker.
But relatively cheap, tender, and tasty :slightly_smiling_face:

(Windmill Tilter) #7

Those look great! I’ve never seen a pork “ribeye roast” at my grocery store, but their meat dept is underwhelming anyway. I just got a membership to Restaurant Depot yesterday, and with luck I’ll be able to find some there. The meat dept is jaw dropping. It’s a 10,000sqft refrigerator. Basically keto heaven!

Now that I think about it though, the smoker is usually used for cooking tough cuts of meat low and slow (225) long enough to break down the connective tissue, making them tender. Beef ribeyes are tender to start with. Maybe the best place to start these is the grill. :slight_smile:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #8

Well yeah, they are super tender right from the start, but when you mentioned smoking, that sounded really good, flavor wise. Just wouldn’t have to be slow and low…

But now that we are talking about it, I’ve only sliced these and cooked them in a skillet, but never thrown one of these on the grille ? I bet that might be awesome !
Geeez ! So many great dinner ideas, and only 365 days in a year…