Poppers on menu the next day or so

(Warren ) #1

Made a batch of bacon/chicken wrapped basil cream cheese jalapeno peppers last night.Its a hit in this house . Big and very filling…Easy peasey to make.

(Zach) #2

Breakfast of Champions: http://www.ruled.me/jalapeno-popper-egg-cups/
par bake the bacon and it is very easy to make!

(Warren ) #3

They look great! I will give them a try . Thanks.

(Jane Reed) #4

I tried poppers once, using sweet peppers as I am a sissy when it comes to spicy heat. The cheese leaked out and made a mess. How do you avoid that?

(Chris Bair) #5

Here is how I make them: cut off the stem, then cut in half. Get out as much of the seeds and white supporting stuff as you can (much of the “heat” is in both of these). Fill with cream cheese like you would celery. Wrap in bacon - if you’re using a half strip you’ll probably need a toothpick to hold it together, full strip and you don’t need to. Bake at 350 for 1.5-2 hours, the long cook time will mellow out the flavor significantly. Do it right and you end up with peppers that arent’ hot at all.

(Warren ) #6

I didn’t to have too much of a problem with that. It was probably your temp being too high. I baked them at 3.30 for maybe an hour. Cream Cheese doesnt seem to get as running like cheddar or other melty cheese would get.
Good luck trying them again !