Point of no return šŸ˜¬

(Trudy) #1

After succeeding to stay within 4kg of my goal weight for the last 18 months I have taken all my Aussie size 14-22 clothing to the Op Shop. I have a lot of anxiety around this, 5 big bags of clothes now gone. Iā€™m currently a size 10-12. Over my many years of dieting Iā€™ve been this weight before but never stayed here long, this time feels different, has to be different. Just had to share, I guess it is normal to experience feelings of anxiety when letting go of the past.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Thatā€™s a great victory! :+1:

(Trudy) #3

Thank you :grinning:

Thatā€™s awesome! :partying_face:

So agree that you seem very settled on your decision and that is a great thing.

I was polar opposite. I got rid of all my big clothes when I was a size 12 and I SO WANTED size 10 and since I was doingā€¦back thenā€¦low fat/low kcal ā€˜dietā€™ I starved down more to hit that size and of course, we all know the moral to that story, I gained it all back. I was forced to buy some bigger sizes againā€¦it was a frigginā€™ nightmare.

What is funny tho as you post this I just ditched some of my bigger sized clothes and took 2 big bags of jeans and stuff to the goodwill cause I am out of them and LIKE YOU THIS go around I feel very settled, like it was the right thing to do and before long ago, I hemmed and hawed over ditching my other clothesā€¦this time I didnā€™t do that at all. I said bye bye cause I wonā€™t ever see ya again with a smile on my face.

Another good tale of our stories, we are confident in our eating plan as a lifestyle change. I was ā€˜dietingā€™ and ā€˜starvingā€™ long ago and was never confidentā€¦now I am super confident cause I get to eat, eat well and big and good and never ā€˜dietā€™ and I feel my plan is life long and steady for me nowā€¦I think you hit the same as me and feel very secure in your eating plan for lifeā€¦love that and happy for ya!! Cool.

(Susan) #6

Congrats to you, Trudy, that is fantastic.

As long as you stay on the Keto lifestyle for life, than this time you will succeed and not gain the weight back!

You should be very proud of yourself, that is excellent =).

(Joey) #7

Hearty congratulations!

A slight variation on your themeā€¦

After not being able to fit into my suits, pants, shorts, Iā€™d kept since my 30-40s (many years), I finally bagged them up and gave all the good stuff away to charity. I only kept the (more recently) purchased stuff that fit ā€¦ you know, the larger sizes :roll_eyes:

Then I read about how keto reduces inflammation, increases mental focus, etc., etc.

Though not a key motivation at the time, once I cut the carbs to around 20g/daily (and loading up on healthy fats), I soon lost about 25 lbs and trimmed 4" in waistline. Yikes. My pants were falling off my hips.

So now Iā€™ve finally given away all those ā€œheftierā€ clothes that had fitā€¦ and wish Iā€™d kept the ā€œskinnyā€ clothes! Those perfectly good business suits, nice casual pants, ā€¦ all gone. But alas, had to go out to find pants for the 31" waistline I hadnā€™t seen in many years.

Yeah, itā€™s scary - letting go is what itā€™s all about. Again, congratulations on everything youā€™ve achieved for yourself! :vulcan_salute:

(Edith) #8

Thatā€™s because youā€™re a man and menā€™s clothing doesnā€™t seem to go out of style the way womenā€™s clothing does. A woman socially would not be able to go back to 20 year old clothes. :laughing:

(Joey) #9

Canā€™t go back?! As a husband (and father of adult girls) all I can say is ā€œbull puckyā€! :wink:
The most stylish clothes the women in my life are drawn to always seem to look precisely like what was in their closet 20 years ago. :rofl:

nah I donā€™t see this cause todays suit cuts and lapels and more are way more fitted and men have ā€˜our gal issuesā€™ with appearance and more, not all obvy, but in the bitter end it is truth for all sexes and those ā€˜in between what they mark as sexes nowā€™ and all feel we need our best and more to shine and ā€˜show usā€™ so I gotta give this a no go in all it is ā€˜for todays standards and growthā€™ ya know. Just how I see truth progressing from old judging of it all.

we got a ton on us ya know. clothes 'show some sort of charter, or how we are, and how dare any of us push that limit but we got personal comfort and more coming into play. Yea I dumped crap I wish I held but it has this ā€˜draw onto holding ontoā€™ whatever I donā€™t knowā€¦but at some point I said I am ok with the future and new designs, or old favs, and what goes down in clothes as I need for life as I progress, my clothes as ā€˜showing meā€™ must progress into the future LOL

thing is my 15 yr old kid said my levi boot cut jeans were baggy and made me bigger when if I went this the ā€˜skinny cutā€™ which I donā€™t wanna do actually show the smaller me so I amā€¦oh heck which way to roll LOL
Older vs younger, vs. hip and new and changes, darn it is hard :sunny:

You do you at all times and be you with a smile on your face~~

(Robin) #12

Been there, yo-yoā€™d that. I have gotten rid of clothes I swore never to grow back into and I have tossed clothes that seemed impossible to ever shrink into again. I have regretted itā€¦ both coming and going. LIke you, I am hoping this is my new and lasting norm. A perk for me is that I retired when Covid hit. So my ā€œnice work wardrobeā€ is now my ā€œIf we ever go out again wardrobe.ā€ Iā€™m adding jeans and tee shirts. Feels naughty! LOL Congrats on your dilemma. Itā€™s a nice problem to have!

(Trudy) #13

Iā€™m hearing you, a few boot cut jeans were in my bagsā€¦tried to wear bootcut to balance out my hips and thighs. Trying to remember that I donā€™t need that now.

(Susan) #14

My mother died in April; and my three daughters (that are 19, 22 and 26) had a lot of fun going through all of her very expensive, good quality clothing and each selected a bunch they wanted. Some of the clothes were a lot older than 20 years even, as mom was almost 92 when she passed.

(Aeyanna) #15

Congratulations! Youā€™re an inspiration~

(Edith) #16

I stand corrected. :grinning:

And, Iā€™m very sorry to hear about your mother. I imagine the pandemic made it all the more difficult.

(Bob M) #17

Congratulations on the loss!

My one regret is that I did not keep my suit from when I was at my largest. I could do one of those pictures where you put old pants on and show how much youā€™ve lost. On the other hand, I took the suit to a tailor and he said it was impossible to modify down to my current size, so I gave it away.

(Toni Aurilio) #18

What an amazing success! I remember the hesitation when I went through my closet and ended up with three huge bags to goodwill. But what a thrill when I actually handed them over. It felt like victory and commitment. Always bet on you!

(Jane Srygley) #19

Iā€™ve always had anxiety about getting rid of big clothes, but for me it was because I was afraid I would need them again! Lord knows, thatā€™s happened.

I have also felt anxious about getting under 200 lbs because I was an adolescent when I was at that weight and my adolescence sucked. I think that psychological block was part of what kept me stuck but I really believe Iā€™m past that now.

(Jane Srygley) #20

So sorry for your loss!