Point of no return 😬

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

I so know how you feel. Getting the bigger clothes out of the house will help motivate you to stay around your goal weight. I let go of them in stages, after 3-6 month in a weight range, if clothes were baggy, away they went.

I have been maintaining for over 3 yrs. now. I wear 6-4 pants depending on the cut. Most tops are smalls now, which I hadn’t worn since my early teens. Only occasionally now do I have to go into Mediums again depends on the cut. Don’t own a dress, so not sure what size that would be.

Wishing you continued success and slowly build up a new wardrobe for your new body. You are doing great.

(Susan) #22

Thank you, Edith =). My mom would have been 92 in July and she had Dimentia and was in a lot of pain and suffering, so it was hard but we were happy to see her at peace as well. She lived a very long and happy life and she died from old age issues, nothing to do with Covid but the Pandemic made the Funeral difficult ( we could only have a maximum of 10 people) so there was my brother, (and a good friend of his), my husband, 4 of our 5 kids, our grand daughter and myself. Our son that lives in another province (with his wife and son) were not able to come because of the Pandemic as well.

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

Sorry for your loss. She had a nice long life. Always remember the happy times you had with her over the years. And the wisdom she passed on to you.

Maybe have a memorial for the whole family when things get back to normal, whatever or whenever that will be.

(Susan) #24

Thank you @collaroygal --there aren’t many relatives left (or many of her friends) as my parents were both the youngest of their families and my mom was the last one of all of them left from both her siblings and spouses and my dad’s (he passed away in November of 2003). I am only in touch with two of our cousins; even and I spoke to them both on the phone, but I think that we are just leaving it as we did it. We did a visitation that was very limited as well the night before, and then the graveside burial, and I read a Psalm she always liked. I think that is a lovely idea if people do have a lot of relatives and friends still living though =).

(Shelly C) #25

Trudy, Congratulations! Staying within 4kg of goal weight for 18 months is a huge accomplishment! Giving too big clothing away, I believe is a positive move.

I have too adopted the Keto WOE and have been doing it with success for a little over a year. When I started I was wearing a size 16 jeans at around 185-190 pounds (should have been in a size 18 but I didn’t have any 18’s and refused to buy any). All my life I have yo-yo’ed from a size 8 up to a size 18, mostly around a 12 or 14. (I am 5’4" tall). Always, while yo-yo’ing, I have kept my clothing as I lost/gained weight because I guess subconsciously I knew I was going to lose/gain weight again, the vicious cycle. But this time was different! As I lost 10 pounds (a size for me), I would clear out my closet and donate whatever was too big to my local thrift store that benefits a great charity. While I was there donating, I would shop for my new size and bring home some new clothes - repeating that process whenever I lost another 10 pounds. Now I am in a size 4 at 125 pounds and it feels great. I am 53 years old and have never felt better in my life! I have osteoarthritis in my spine, pelvis, feet and ankles and I have no pain ever in those joints anymore. I take NO medications whatsoever and I have more energy than I did ever - in fact, yesterday I went strong all day on only 3 1/2 hours of sleep and a nutritional intake of 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs @ around 1800 calories.
This WOE and way of life, I cannot say enough about. I am a cheerleader for it!
Look at it this way - you have accomplished so much to get and stay where you are - consider the donation of your bigger clothes as a celebration for those accomplishments! Keep up the awesome work!