Plant or meat based diets for mental health?

(Mario) #122

Thanks on the ketone esters!

And understand on cooking with fat and butter vs those oils.

Thank you again for sharing your expertise and insights. Really appreciated!

(Edith) #123

The MCT oil could be contributing to his digestive troubles.

(Bob M) #124

Iā€™m a big fan of beef, and like lamb, but lambā€™s flavor can take a while to like.

As for MCTs, they can cause digestive issues. Iā€™ve had them (issues) in the past. Iā€™m using MCTs now, but I started small (1 teaspoon), and took a while to build up. To troubleshoot, Iā€™d drop the MCTs.

Personally, I find plants cause many more issues than does meat. I canā€™t name any meat that causes me issues, but I can name quite a few plants that do.

Iā€™d concentrate on fatty meat, bacon, eggs, things like that. As treats, there are some reasonable facsimiles of meals you can do. We use a chicken-crust pizza recipe that is good, and there are things like lasagna that I find good too.

If heā€™s not trying to lose weight, there are plenty of fat bombs you can use, many can be made sweet.

And dairy, if tolerated, has plenty of opportunity for high fat.

Just wanted to jump in and say that there isnā€™t a one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to diet and mental health. Every individual is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. Itā€™s important to listen to your body and experiment with different dietary options to see what works best for you. Remember, keto doesnā€™t have to be all about meat and eggs. There are plenty of plant-based keto-friendly foods available, so you can tailor your diet to your preferences and needs. Additionally, Iā€™d like to point out that initially, itā€™s crucial to contact a mental health line, healthcare professional or nutritionist. They can provide expert advice and guidance based on your specific circumstances.