Plan for starting keto

(Johny De martelaere) #1

Hello, i’m Johny and i’m looking to start a keto diet. The reason why is to get healthier and lose weight. I have read lots of stuff but find it difficult to find enough varieting recipes and to find the ingredients to start with. I need quick (no warm) recipes for the mornings and easy for on the go (work 12h shifts). Where can I find some help to start out?
Regards johny

Hi and welcome. I would have a browse through the Recipes section here and also the Keto on a Budget section which has some handy tips. Keep it simple to stat with unless you really love to play around in the kitchen. Get into the swing of things with some good core recipes and work out form there. The search facility here is good too so try some searches for the questions you have and see what comes up. Check out the What did you eat today thread too for ideas and examples of what everyone actually eats.

(Johny De martelaere) #3

Hi, thanks. I found some helpfull recipes and a 30 day plan which I Will be translating and adapting to the stuff I can find where I live. (Having some trouble Finding stuff like Coco four almond four , impossible to find almond butter. … )
And I did find almond nut but find them very expensive : 25$/kg… so will be looking to find cheaper resource aswell.

Now my second problem is breakfast. I can’t stand the smell of cooked food when I wake up thus i’m still in my bad routine breakfast:4 slices of bread with chocolat spread dipped in Coffee. … any suggestion on how to get Rid of this habit (been doing this since I was 4years old.

(Andrew Anderson) #4

Pork rinds make good cheap flour replacement for me! Keto can be done cheap. I’m all about eggs and cheap fatty cuts of meat. Pre-made hard boiled eggs could be a good breakfast option. Bullet proof coffee and tea can be a good breakfast without the smell as well.

If you’re not hungry in the morning, there’s no reason to eat right away. Many people just drink coffee or bulletproof coffee (BPC is added fats and some heavy [whipping] cream).

(Johny De martelaere) #6

My problem in the morning is that I have severe headache untill i eat . So not eating is not an option for me (stomach isn’t as hungry as the head touGh)
And its not that I think I have to eat but I know that when I do I am relieved from the pain.
Drinking Coffee is something i’m not really into. Have been looking for non protein power easy shakes which are keto friendly but most ate with lots of fruit. Which also add a big amount of sugar and carbs.

split this topic #7

3 posts were split to a new topic: Wine, club soda, rum

(Johny De martelaere) #8

Just put my breakfast into myfitnesspal… have already 100 carbs Just for breakfast. Really need something to change this habit or I wouldn’t be able to get into ketosis no mather what I eat next…

How about something you prep for the week and can eat cold in the morning? I can eat bacon cold, but maybe a keto “dessert” of some kind would be suitable to get you going? Or cold hard boiled eggs?

Also, the pain you are describing that is relieved when you eat. That could be a sugar withdrawal symptom? Which you then fix by eating more carbs. So, I’d try any major changes to breakfast on a day when you don’t have to be at work.

(Trudi La Rose) #10

3 or 4 slices of cold bacon is sometimes all I need in the morning.

(Natalie) #11

I make a couple pounds of bacon over the weekend and I cook eggs with sausage and cheese and sometime some bell pepper in a muffin pan. At first I was heating up 4 slices of bacon and 2 egg muffins on my way out the door to work. Now I like it just fine cold. Adding salmon cream cheese to the top of the egg muffins makes them taste great cold.