Pizza on a plate Pizza Hut

food

(Vincent Hall) #1

Annual Easter break with Wife n daughter In Gloucestershire
Daughter always wants a pizza as does wife.
I asked if they could do pizza on a plate, ie a meat-feast without dough base or sauce.
“Never been asked that before” says a very helpful waitress (And I mean she was helpful, no sarcasm) She goes off to ask manager and they say yes.
So I have a meat-feast on a plate with some salad & olive oil. Very Keto from what I reckon.
Address here, if anyone local wants to try this as well. The more that ask, they more common it may become.
Oh and they only charge me a starter price as a bonus! Although I was fully expecting to pay full price for individual pizza.
EASTERN AVENUE RETAIL PARK
EASTERN AVENUE
GLOUCESTER
GLOUCESTERSHIRE
GL4 3EA
If this isn’t allowed, my apologies no connection to Pizza Hut personally, just a happy Keto customer in a carb laden establishment for once.
\v/

(Allie) #2

I used to work in the pizza industry and we used to get asked for all sorts. Some people brought their own bases in and just wanted toppings, others literally wanted the toppings in a box. The objective was always to keep the customers happy even if the request seemed a bit odd to us.

(Vincent Hall) #3

Own base is a good idea.
We don’t do eat out very much at all. Even less since I’ve been LCHF/Keto. Would take a bit of prep to bring your own base, but could be worth it for ease of family eating out I suppose. Mind you I was happy with tonights results.
\v/

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Do any of the chains do Fathead crusts? Is there any point in even asking, do you think?

(Jan) #5

I contacted Mod Pizza (a chain here in the Portland OR area) about lc/keto pizza last year…it took a few months, but they wrote back asking for suggestions! Seems like they’ve been getting requests lately. I haven’t heard that they’ve started offering this yet, but I’m hopeful. We just gotta keep asking.

That’s a great idea, thanks for the tip! Have only been doing keto for 3 weeks, but avoided eating out so far, hubby is making noises about wanting to eat out soon… is there not too much sugar in the tomato sauce? I guess you probably didn’t have too much of it!

(Vincent Hall) #7

I asked for no dough and no sauce. I would suspect chain Tomato sauce will have more sugar or other stuff we don’t need in it.
The meal was fine, with the salad and olive oil dressing.
\v/

(Jan) #8

Pesto is usually pretty safe. And it’s always an option to just eat the cheese and toppings, leave that carby crust on the plate!

(Vincent Hall) #9

Having been brought up on having a clean plate, and doing so for last 50 years, I have a real problem leaving food behind. We have to do what works for each of us individuals, not having what I choose not to eat works better for me. I also hate waste, food or otherwise.
I will look into pesto options though thanks.
\v/

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #10

ALL commercial pizza in the UK has tones of sugar and soy in the base,sauce, and topping YES spicy meat toppings are made with meat protein soy and sugar and the cheese is coated in corn or potato starch. Next time your in one ask for a box it’s more nutritious and you can use it to bring your own fathead pizza next time.

(Laurie) #11

As @Shortstuff mentioned, fast food workers and restaurant workers have heard it all and will try to accommodate, as long as your instructions are clear. That is, they will understand “no crust, no sauce,” but they probably won’t be able to decipher “no carbs.”

And they often charge less when they leave out the bread and so on, which is nice.

Oh wow, that’s quite brilliant. I’ll have to remember that. Although I think I’d probably keep to the salad bar or go somewhere that do pizza and keto-esque food (ie something chicken-based).