Pet treat ingredients-poll

ketopet
pet
petfood

Hi guys,
If you were to hand select ingredients for your pet treat what would be the top 3?
Im looking into formulating something and wondering if a keto pet snack would make sense.

Thanks!!

Anyone?

(Ken) #3

Beef kidney. The individual lobes are the right size for a snack.

(Marsha) #4
  1. Meat.
  2. Meat.
  3. Meat.

My dogs were Keto before I was. Always grain free, even treats. And I frequently feed them a raw diet. Their favorite treats are raw bones and raw chicken livers. They’ve been “Keto-fied” with the addition of coconut oil as a treat.

But if you can find a way to make tripe not stink to high heaven, you’ll have my undying gratitude!

@Titaniumfemme and @240lbfatloss Thanks for the feedback.
So this is assuming they are on a meat diet already, Im looking into creating a treat ( most likely coconut oil based). Maybe add couple other ingredients depending on usage, would you like to see something like that on the shelves? Would you buy it as an occasional treat?

(Marsha) #6

Maybe. But there are already a lot of meat only treats on the market (which I buy). I’d take a look at something based on coconut oil, but I’m not sure what else I’d want in it— and given that, I might choose to just give them a spoonful of coconut oil instead.

Yes!! Coconut oil is my favorite ingredient.

Feeding my dog…Can they access it themselves in nature. If not, they don’t get to eat it. How many dogs crack open a coconut?

My dogs get meat, end of.