Perfect cuts of meat/poultry

Hi all just a bit of fun here really, i want to know what you believes the perfect cut out there for keto ratios? My faves are lamb breast and pork belly. Let me know if you csn out do these delights :slight_smile:

('Jackie P') #2

I like both, except the last couple of times I cooked lamb breast I couldnā€™t get it to crisp up! Do you have any tips?
I love well rendered and crispy lamb fat and buy cheap fatty lamb cutlets and roast them slowly and just eat a plate of them!

(Chris) #3

Brisket and ribeye.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

Ribeye can be a perfect fat to protein ratio. As can pork butt. Bacon or pork belly is good as well.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #5

Ribeye is my fave, hands down

Pork butt also good, as is bacon.

(Marianne) #6

Pork steak, flank steak, 80% hamburgers.

(Khara) #7

Arenā€™t eggs close to perfect? Does that count as a cut of meat/poultry? :nerd_face:

(Karim Wassef) #8

Duck with the fatty skin cooked in duck tallow
Lamb ribs with the fat still on
Pork belly / bacon
Beef ribeye
Goose liver - fattened

Notice that I didnā€™t put chickenā€¦ the only exception might be chicken wings if made properly. White meat is generally useless.

(Jamie) #9

I raise muscovy ducks (and various chickens) and i tend to wrap the duck in a weave of thick bacon before i put it in the smoker.

Another thing I do is called a ā€œfattyā€. Smoke a big old fattyā€¦ lol now before you wonder, in the smoking world a ā€œfattyā€ is generally a sausage meat log stuffed with whatever moves you and wrapped in a bacon weave. Then smoked. Omg

(Carl Keller) #10

I could eat a ribeye, five days a week. Itā€™s plate-licking good.

(Cristian Lopez) #11

I like getting a lean cut of beef like top sirloin (grain fed) and smothering it in avocado and salt!

(Cristian Lopez) #12

Omg yes, and better once itā€™s renderd perfectly!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #13

I gotta add cow brain to my list after today. I have never been a big fan of liver, I can eat some but it gets old after a couple of ounces. I do like pig liver but itā€™s not easy to find where I live. Second best to liver for nutrients is brain, and it has a better fat to protein ratio.

Like scrambled eggs made from meat and fat. Also similar to the Silky Smooth Tofu that Cronometer is advertising but soy free! :yum:

(Windmill Tilter) #14

1lb of 73% ground beef pan fried in cast iron skillet. Undrained. Spoon.

Upgrade: add 6 eggs scrambled into it once the fat is mostly rendered.

This is my favorite meal. Iā€™m starting to think I might be a latent carnivoreā€¦:yum:

(Windmill Tilter) #15

Lol. I love scrambled eggs, meat, and fat.:smile:

Iā€™ll try anything once. Where do you buy it?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #16

I live in California and thereā€™s a large Latino community here. They have old school full organ meat selections at some of their stores. Next up is Bull Testicles. :disappointed_relieved: Conquer the fear :cowboy_hat_face:

(Karim Wassef) #17

I second this. Brain is an absolute delicacy of supple fat.

(Marianne) #18

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

:laughing:

(Karim Wassef) #19

Donā€™t knock it till you try it :smiley:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #20

@gingersmommy Sorryā€¦:confused: Itā€™s really not bad at all, less strong flavored than eggs.