Perfect cuts of meat/poultry

(Marianne) #21

Well, that part is encouraging. I guess it’s more the look of it - and the idea.

:grimacing:

(Karim Wassef) #22

scrambled into eggs, it doesn’t look like much

Any brain eaters have trouble with the carbs knocking them out of ketosis? I know it’s pretty easy for me to eat enough liver to get knocked out.

Ribeye and Brisket are my two fav’s.
Beef Short Ribs
Beef Bacon…it is out of this world!!!
Chicken skins …all crisped up in the oven

(Full Metal KETO AF) #25

260 grams or 9 ounces. And no, 3.8 grams of carbs doesn’t knock me out of ketosis because I know it’s part of the deal and account for it. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #26

One thing I noticed after eating this meal was the meal felt light, easily digested and at the same time satisfying. :cowboy_hat_face:

Nice. I seem to remember brains having more carbs than that. I guess I was wrong. Hopefully I can get some to eat one day.

(Karim Wassef) #28

they’re sometimes breaded but you can use pork rind breading

(Khara) #29

How. Does one eat this much liver? I can barely get enough in me to take advantage of a little extra iron. :expressionless:

I just like liver, I guess. I do OMAD and can easily eat a pound of liver. That’s only 18 carbs, but for some reason it knocks me out of ketosis for about 48 hours. Maybe it’s the glycogen and protein combo. Maybe I just get extra glycogen loaded liver. I don’t know.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #31

It could also have something to do with your level of insulin resistance, which can take a fair amount of time to improve.

(Ivy) #32

Are these any good for just starting keto for the first time? Are certain cuts best for keto first timers?

Pork Lion Roast Center Cut Boneless

Wellsley Farms Pork Lion Boneless Chops

USDA Choice T-bone

Wellsley Farms Beef Stew Meat

Non-Grass fed Chuck Roast

I have been eating only GF beef up to this Day 13 of keto though. Would it matter to go non-GF if I take an omega-3 or at all?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #33

With the essential fatty acids, the challenge in the U.S. is not so much getting enough ω-3 as it is avoiding getting too much ω-6. We don’t need all that much of either, but we want them in equal proportion, and we definitely don’t want so much ω-6 that it causes systemic inflammation.

I don’t particularly like the taste of grass-fed beef, so I get the cheaper grain-finished stuff and seem to do just fine. Dr. Westman had a patient, a homeless man, who could only afford to eat at MacDonald’s. He did just fine on their burger patties (no buns or fries).

Yes, grass-finished is probably better, but it’s not a requirement, so you don’t need to worry about the keto police busting down your door in the night.

(Bob M) #34

I’ve been avoiding O6 for a while, and still had a “poor” O3/O6 ratio (via a blood test), since I wasn’t eating fish and eating “normal” beef. I’ve restarted eating some fish.
We’ll see what happens.

Though I do wonder how relevant O3 is if we’re eating a low inflammation, low carb diet? O3 is known to decrease inflammation, or at least it’s theorized this is how it might work, but if we already have low inflammation, maybe it’s not necessary?

For instance, when they determine the “good” ratio of O3, it’s done on high carb folks. I don’t know of any studies of low carb folks.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #35

It’s essential to the diet; that’s been known for around a century. But my understanding is that we don’t need very much. Cow’s milk is very low in the essential fatty acids, but drinking cow’s milk is enough to prevent deficiency of the essential fatty acids.

And for what it’s worth, the symptoms of a lack of linoleic or linolenic acid are different from the symptoms of “rabbit starvation,” which is a form of protein poisoning.

(Ivy) #36

Where do you find this to purchase–online? Website link please

(Ivy) #37

Is O3 from supplement? milk , x times a week, better than a o3 suplement? If so how much milk portion.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #38

I’ve not a clue what the ω-3 content of milk fat is, sorry!