Paleo/Keto is one of Laird Hamilton's keys to a long life!

(Rob) #1

While it is a general biography of an extraordinary guy, it is focused on his 10 steps to longevity (minus the obvious one about not risking your life on daredevil monster waves). Although it doesn’t use the words keto (and lord knows Laird Hamilton doesn’t have to do 20g keto), this is a public figure spilling the keto beans as if it’s as natural and true as the sky is blue and water is wet!

Best quotes…

Be a fat-burning monster - I don’t eat energy bars when I’m out on the water all day. In fact, I don’t need to eat anything. My body runs off its body fat. That’s because I’m paleo. I consume hardly any refined sugar, a few raw dairy products and almost no wheat or grains. I eat plants and animals. I grew up that way in Hawaii.

So after I cut alcohol, I began eliminating sugar and sugary fruit. I refined it over the past two years listening to primal lifestyle guru Mark Sisson and other paleo people. A triathlete can go for hours on a little almond butter and their own body fat. But if you eat refined carbs, your blood sugar spikes up and down. I love espresso. You could give me five shots of espresso, a quarter stick of butter, a quarter stick of coconut oil and other fat, and I’ll drink that. I could go for five or six hours and not be hungry, because I’m burning fat.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

That’s the kind of energy/endurance I want running! Who knows, I might just have a marathon in me yet.