Overeating and fasting on Carnivore

(Adam Letschin) #21

All this talk about not seasoning and overcooking meats makes me sad… Nobody should ever have to go through such a thing :wink:

(charlie3) #22

I’ve eased up on time restriction to reduce diet fatique in the long run. What I mean is eating is still limited to 2 times per day but the first meal time may vary. May be wait until lunch but may be earlier. What may be ideal for me is breakfast, an early or mid day dinner, and go to bed early if hunger comes back in the evening. 16/8 is a fine idea but I’ll take 12/12 if I’m keeping it to 2 meals a day and no snacks. If I have to have a (low carb) treat it’s combined with a meal, not a snack. I use Cronometer to keep track.

I eliminated nuts and reduced cheese and olive oil to make room for more meat (70% lean ground chuck and some salmon). I could easily over eat meat but control that by preparing just enough for a meal, no leftovers.

I’d be doing carnivore at this point but can’t give up my very large dinner salad. I’ve worked at covering the micros and don’t see how I can do as well on all animal food.

(Magnus Jensen) #23

I do struggle with the fact that one is supposed to eat so much meat though. I can see I put on weight around my stomache going forward with Carnivore, but I have red that this is neccesary to heal my metabolism and that this weight will magically come of once my body is adapted and healed again. However it is hard to accept the weight gain…

(Cathrine Helle) #24

Although this was not the case for me, I’ve heard that initial weight gain is really common when starting Carnivore. I would assume it’s easier to overeat very palatable food like rare steak, than for instance bony pieces of lamb cooked for hours (creating a very nice broth too) that have more fat on them. I see that you’re a fellow Norwegian (hei fra Buskerud), perhaps try to cook a big pot of this (fårikålkjøtt) to see if it has the same effect on your appetite? The broth is rich in collagen as well, which to my understanding is very beneficial. I eat this about three to four times every other week or so. Very affordable and nutritious :slight_smile:

(Erin Macfarland ) #25

@Dread1840 and @CarlKeller I am just now reading this and cracking up…women are so annoyingly neurotic and high maintenance :joy::joy:

(Erin Macfarland ) #26

Women in general are afraid to eat food (in front of men especially) that actually tastes good and isn’t salad. Since starting to date after getting divorced I have grilled steaks for two men. Giant ribeyes I dry age in my fridge. And I can put away two pounds in one sitting, easily. Not only were they shocked at my grilling skills but they watched in what I think was quasi horror as I demolished not only my plateful of perfectly cooked steak but also polished off whatever was left on their plate. Men are not used to seeing this, I realized :thinking:

(Chris) #27

Yeah somehow along the way we became conditioned to you all eating like birdies. Cute little dainty birdies with cloth doilies. Have a ribeye and a towel and sit down please.

(Erin Macfarland ) #28

@Dread1840 hahaha that is true and women are happy to uphold the stereotype. God forbid if we eat fat, especially animal fat, and a lot of it and gnaw everything off the bone after polishing off a giant tomahawk and getting our hands messy…I see the inability for anyone dining with me to square away how I stay so lean- I’m 5’7” and about a buck twenty- with how much ribeye I can eat. Because there is the deeply entrenched belief fat makes you fat. And that red meat is inherently bad for you. So it’s a fun social experiment to see people’s reactions when wolf down a couple pounds of steak. I’ll keep blazing trails I guess :joy:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #29

Probably for a woman, but I have found that people who don’t eat keto or know us yet make some pre judgments about how we are extremely weird people eating the way we do. I can see guys being okay with an attractive woman and a “quirky carnivore” way of eating but for a woman who enjoys cooking and going to restaurants we seem like difficult people to mix with. I wish that I could meet a woman who’s down with eating this way, it would make things much easier going forward. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Omar) #30

I eat my stake like this kitten.

I think I am descendent of Nanderthal

(Erin Macfarland ) #31

@David_Stilley I feel like eating an animal based diet is fairly easy to adapt to restaurants, I’ve been doing this for almost 5 years (eating LCHF) and I never expect other people to make special accommodations for me, and when the subject comes up about why I don’t eat carbs, I explain that I made this decision because I watched a lot of family members develop and suffer from T2D. And this is an effective way to mitigate my risk for that disease as well as many others. It helps that I’m a personal trainer so people are usually less judgmental about me following a “special” diet. I think you’re right too that men are more accepting of an “attractive” woman packing away a couple pounds of steak (I do not see myself that way at all and could care less about trying to project that kind of image- I really have no ego and my appearance is not what I base my self worth on!). But I do get positive feedback for the most part about my carnivorous ways. It’s silly how much people judge someone based on what they look like and what they choose to eat. I just own it. I don’t want to dine with someone that would criticize me for what’s on my plate anyway :grin: