Outdoor Magazine slams Paleo (and low carb)

(Karl L) #1

Keto folks, without those carbs that are “key” to fueling the human brains, I guess we’re sunk :slight_smile:

(eyeroll… articles like this drive me nuts. I don’t even know where to start but mostly this author has some pretty serious timeline confusion. First she says that paleo gets its inspiration from Neanderthals (really?!) and then makes a reference to regional eating about 10,000 years ago, and then refers to a change that happened “hundreds of years ago.”)

(KetoCowboy) #3

Pure propaganda.

2nd paragraph pretends to be about Africa, but is really just an opportunity for the writer to reiterate the myth that carb loading is essential to athletic performance.

Also, the premise of the article would be offensive to any paleo adherent. I’m not paleo, but as I understand it, paleo folks aren’t in the re-enactment business. They just care about making nutritional choices based on what we would have eaten for our entire evolution prior to the agricultural revolution, which occurred 1 geologic second ago. They don’t deny that people would have eaten fruit when it was available; they just realize that for lots of people in lots of places, there was no fruit available for much of the year.

(Bacon for the Win) #4

another reason not to read this rag. But the answer is…follow the $$ trail. Who are the advertisers? There’s your answer.

Yup, that about sums it up.