Outdoor Gym

(Vladaar Malane) #1

I so want to build this, but don’t actually need yet. As I get stronger I plan to add though as it will help train the front and back lever. The pullup bar would be nice but can do pullups in garage on rings atm.

obtained from https://www.fitstream.com/articles/how-to-make-an-outdoor-pull-up-bar-a176
Garcia Simpson also shared the results of his DIY Pull-up and Dip Station project -

" I used -

• (2) 4x4x10ft posts
  • (3) 4x4x8ft posts
  • (1) 1 1/4 inch galvanized pipe 5ft long
  • (2) 1 1/4 in galvanized pipe 54 inches long

Posts are pressure treated and i coated them with Thompsons stain/water seal then painted brown. Bars are held in place by drilling a 1 1/4 inch hole through post and capped of by painted PVC caps.The exposed thread was covered by plumbers tape to prevent rusting from rain and condensation. I also drilled a 3/8 inch hole through the posts and through the pipe and installed (4) 3/8 x4in long galvanized carriage bolts with washer and nut to prevent the bar from spinning.

Height of pull up bar is 7ft with 3ft below ground and dip bars are 5ft tall with 3ft below ground. I added a 2x4 between the dip post and pull up bar post to act as a step for my son. All in all this was a pretty cool and fun project and what’s satisfying is that I did it all by myself. " Thanks for sharing Garcia!