OTHER benefits of Fasting

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

These days I do not fast so much for metabolic health, as I have achieved much of what I sought. I definitely keep autophagy in mind, as I believe it is the true “Fountain of Youth” everyone has been looking for.
These days I mostly fast for the high. Yes, I said the HIGH. I become euphoric and high energy. Emotionally and physically euphoric. That is what I am after. I have been practicing fasting ever since the Obesity Code was published, about 3.5 years now. Fasting is a skill, and I have become good at it. I also still carry quite a bit of body fat, which makes fasting effortless for me when combined with the fact that I am VERY well fat adapted. I am an A#1 ++ top notch fat burner. I have been ketogenic 5.5 years without a break. I also lift weights which has made me even more metabolically strong. My weight has gone up and down this past 1.5 years due to severe stress, but I don’t let it alter my course. Still metabolically healthy, I soldier on and allow my body to sort things out. I have altered much during my journey, including trying carnivore a total of 9 months and learning only moderate protein and fat are necessary for good health (vegetables and fruit are not!). I rarely eat anything processed or artificial sweeteners… not because IDM or an expert discouraged me from doing so, but because I do not feel as well when I do! Whole simple foods have transformed my life. I do not get hungry often, and this alone is miraculous for me. I am strong and healthy, and very grateful that I am. I plan to live this way the rest of my life, and therefore am certain it will be a long and healthy life. I am in control of my health destiny, and that feels very powerful indeed.

('Jackie P') #2

How long do you fast for?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

It varies. Sometimes half the week, from Sunday after dinner to Thursday noon. Sometimes longer such as Monday through Friday. I recently completed a 9 day fast.

(Mary) #4

That’s a wonderful quotable quote, Brenda. I think I might write it down and read it often.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

If there were a quick way to screen shot my west office wall, I would. It is full of quotes surrounding my large office wall clock. I’m always reading them. I also carry a few with me in my wallet, laminated.

(Mary) #6

I used to do this but it seems I’ve got out of the habit. It’s amazingly motivational.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

Thanks for sharing your experiences. You have helped so many of us on this forum. Fasting was what was missing for me, after starting IFing, I found the Zornfast thread, and then I dropped the stubborn lbs. that would not come off otherwise.

Now I fast to maintain or for some autophagy stimulation.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

I believe, and all of us at IDM believe, that fasting is a natural part of human nutrition. Necessary, needed, and supremely healthy.

(hottie turned hag) #9

Eh just get neck tattoos (but backwards so readable in mirror)

Heckyeah :sparkling_heart:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

:laughing: :laughing::laughing: :laughing: