Organizing Science and Reources

(Matthew Standridge DDS FAGD) #1

I wanted to get your guy’s and gal’s input on this. I wanted to see if there is a way for us to really organize the science people are going to be sharing in a central, ordered location. Like have a thread on heart disease, and that’s where articles and research relating to heart disease go.

If you find something relating to Alzheimer’s, we can have a thread for that. Fertility and/or PCOS, there’s a thread for that.

That way, we keep things organized and easy to refer back to. Also, if someone gets asked “whats your sources” when saying something like Keto can improve fertility, they have a place to go back and get the links.

What do YOU think?

(Richard Morris) #2

great idea - go for it :slight_smile:

Also you can add tags to individual posts so if you a topic with a study related to Insulin Resistance - you can add the tag “Insulin resistance” to the topic.

Also once you have been on the site for 100 days or have been promoted to level 3 … you can move topics from category to category and edit the tags.

(Doug Stone) #3

Very good idea. I would also like to see a way to save posts. Does that already exist.? I’m not good with learning these new formats.

That’s a start, but I think the next step for the Keto forums is to set up a Keto Wiki. That is the best way to present information that is easily searched and updated by a large amount of people.

(Tom Seest) #5

At the bottom of each post, I have a “Bookmark” button. You may want to check to see if you have one.

(Doug Stone) #6

Gotcha!

(Tom Seest) #7

Just to clarify, once you bookmark a post, you can return to it by clicking your picture in the upper right corner of the browser. You’ll see a Bookmark Icon, which you can click to look at them.

(Larry Lustig) #8

I think that I’ve seen Richard refer to making a topic into a wiki, and Stackoverflow had a similar feature.

(Richard Morris) #9

yeah check out acronyms in #resources

Any post that has a green pencil in the header is a wiki post. I’m not sure what the trust level is that wiki editing it’s granted.

(Richard Morris) #11

I think level 1 can edit - so new user + 15 mins