Organ Meat to eat or not to eat?

zerocarb
newbies
nutrition

(Charndra Pile) #42

I really need to get into mixing it into the mince again. Just a touch, all the time.

(Amy Arnold) #43

I donā€™t like organ meat.

(Celeste Le Tard) #44

Had my first cow eyes last weekā€¦ Love cow tongue, too.

I cooked up some chicken livers last night. It had been a long time since I had any and Iā€™m pretty sure any you get from a restaurant will be cooked in some horrid vegetable oil. I cooked mine in my trusty cast iron pan with a healthy glob of bacon nectar. Not bad.
Iā€™ve still got some calf liver in the freezer that I havenā€™t gotten up the nerve to cook again yet, though.

I love lamb and chicken liver. Pig and cow liver, not so muchā€¦

Usually get chicken liver in 8oz bags and freeze it till needed.
My two absolute fave recipes for chick liver is either pan fried with red wine and fresh rosemary, or cooked with onion and garlic, then blended pate smooth with butter or cream cheese.

(Iā€™m trying ZC for a week or 3 while i recover from a rather nasty tummy upset over xmas. Donā€™t yet know it will take :slight_smile: but i am definitely feeling good so far)

(KCKO, KCFO) #47

Made my mouth water and I just had my lunchl :+1::+1:

(Marie Drake) #48

Try Braunschweiger from US Wellness Meats dot com. You will likely convert to loving deliciously prepared organ meats. My half Apache mom ate slices of warm, raw elk liver heart which had been beating maybe 15 - 20
minutes earlier, after her boyfriend, a bow hunter, killed it. I would have tried it too but wasnā€™t hunting with them.