Dr Saladinoā€™s food intake!
:heart_eyes: love it

Enjoy from TroyšŸ˜€

Dr Saladino has his hand above a blob that looks like

Down the right of screen here are my guesses from top to bottom:

1. Kidney

1. Liver

1. Spleen

Weā€™ve got some stomach lining there, I think thatā€™s called ā€œtripeā€.

I imagine there will be brain. That might be some thymus up in the top left = sweetbreads. The blob in the centre with the white wrap looks like suet (perirenal fat).

Bottom left is a delicious ox heart.

I imagine the stuff that looks like white and grey fungus is Dr. Salad talking about bone marrow, and maybe collagen.

I do not see an eyeball, a nose, nor a tail.

They are my best guesses. Can I go to recess now?

I never even saw organs of such a big animal, actuallyā€¦ If I hadnā€™t buy all the organs of a sheep this year, I wouldnā€™t even recognize lung. I would be way, way better if it would be about a chicken :slight_smile:
But heart, liver and lung is recognizable. And thatā€™s it. Now that I googled how beef spleen looks like, thatā€™s okay too - chickens have a little ball for spleen, nothing like that.
And thatā€™s it.
Liver has iron, everyone knows that. Thatā€™s about it.
I feel so not knowledgeable now (not like I ever but I know certain things) but I donā€™t need to know what exactly is in my food - and itā€™s not even my food, sadly. The beef farm stopped selling organs and I didnā€™t visited a butcherā€™s shop yet (I think I had one visit in the last 25 years) so I donā€™t even know what is availableā€¦ But liver and heart is popular enough, I surely will find those.
Mmmmmā€¦ Organs :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #5

I regularly eat liver. I have eaten kidney, heart, sweetbreads, tongue, and brain. I think thatā€™s itā€¦

(Troy) #6

Go play , yes.
Excused

Red Rover, Red Rover, send @FrankoBear over :grinning:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

This quiz is just offal! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Sometimes I just slay me! Tee-hee!)

I donā€™t see lung on Dr. Saladinoā€™s board Shinita. But I agree it is recognisable when we see it. I didnā€™t think it was an edible organ. Do you eat it?

I have to watch the video now to find out want the blob fish thing isā€¦ TESTICLE!

@VirginiaEdie & @Alexaar some interesting notes in here about enzymes from eating kidney versus histamine issues in food.

(Alex) #9

@FrankoBear thanks for bringing me into the thread. Iā€™ve been meaning to try kidney to see if it helps with my histamine tolerance. My butcher said he can get me as much fresh ox kidney as I want but Iā€™m too scared to eat it!

Any ideas from veteran organ-eaters on how to make kidney palatable? Iā€™m pretty sure from the video he just shots it raw. I was wondering whether I could chop it up and freeze it and then eat some frozen bits like pills, or if freezing would destroy the dao enzymes?

Does it blend into a pate like liver? I tend to make liver pate thatā€™s 50:50 butter and liver. And heart is tasty slow cooked but itā€™s very different to kidney.

As for the quiz, I got heart, kidney, and suet but I need to work on my organ identification skills!

(Daisy) #10

Iā€™ve tried kidney 3 ways: Tristanā€™s method from primal edge health: https://youtu.be/QwGgskBq5j8
:nauseated_face: level (out of 10): 6

Blended with heart, liver, bacon and ground beef
:nauseated_face: level: 7

Raw: :nauseated_face: level: 4

So the raw was by far the most palatable. All were doable but not enjoyable :joy: