Ordering blood work online

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

Dave Feldman and Siobhan Huggins have a website where you can order blood testing online.

(Jane) #2

I ordered my fasting insulin and A1C online a couple of years ago and got the results in an email within 2 days. They used Labcorp to draw the blood and they have a doctor on retainer to write the orders so it meets all the rules.

My PCP doesn’t order these tests since my fasting glucose is always low.

Prices were reasonable.

(Joey) #3

Wow - these prices are so much lower than those from the “Request-a-test” website that we’d been using for the same Labcorp locations in our area. Will definitely check out “Own Your Labs” portal next time. Wish we’d known sooner. :syringe:

Also add privatemdlabs.com, discountedlabs.com and directlabs.com are also very good. I’ve looked into Own your labs and on some a la carte things they’re a good deal, but with good sized panels no so much. Privatemdlabs.com will have your lab order in your inbox within an hour in most cases if you order while they’re open and they do discounts every month. discounted labs builds up discount bucks as you use it, I’ve gotten a handful of free tests with that.

(Ethan) #5

Just wish I could get an nmr-I lipid test

(Joey) #6

Looks like you’re located in Maryland from your profile. If so, why can’t you obtain an NMR Lipid? They should be readily available through many labs listed above, plus direct-a-test. Happy hunting :+1:

(Ethan) #7

Unfortunately, LabCorp doesn’t allow you to do online-purchased tests in Maryland, and Quest doesn’t offer the nmri here either

(Joey) #8

Weird. Have you considered stepping into Virginia or Delaware?

Why can’t you?

http://privatemdlabs.com/

EDIT: Just read above… jump the border into America and come get your test man!

(Ethan) #10

They cancel it because my billing address is maryland. I work in Virginia even

(Joey) #11

Interesting. Since you’re using a VA address for your base location and testing site, that’s a sophisticated system they’re using to apply billing address in order to prevent themselves from earning revenue. Got any friends in VA who can pay for it and you can reimburse? Alas!