Only day 15 on keto and I've stalled out should I be concerned?

Hi, I’m very new to keto I’m on day 15 lol
Before starting keto I had lost about 55lbs on other programs (ww, high protein, calorie counting and cycling). Stalled out at about 111lbs-113lbs. I have maintained that for over a year now and actually eating more or less what I want to an extent (so kinda off programs). Figured that was as good as I could do so gave up. I tried to move from there with no success. A friend of mine is on keto so I figured I could give that a try and maybe get things moving again!

I’m 4ft11/5ft tall so pretty short
I have pcos (yippy its makes everything so much harder)
Under active thyroid (medicated on synthroid)
Started keto at 111lbs
I’m down to 108/109 yoyo up to 110 but that’s it so far and from what I’ve read a lot of weight loss happens quickly on keto so little disappointed. Am I doing something wrong? Or should I be concerned at all. I would like to get down to closer too 100lbs.
I also started working out again before keto but not much so I don’t know if that would be making me gain muscle? 20 min cardio 3-4 times a week. I do some kind of strength training 3 times a week not much maybe 10 min a sessions. Really not much.

15g net carbs
92g fat
74g protein
1189 net calories
Am I set ok?
Should I try fasting?
What would be a good weight for me?
I’m doing more of a combo of dirty keto/clean
Ketostix usually either trace or small (0.5-1.5mmol/l)
I should have taken measurements before. Clothes are lose but they have been shrug

Thanks for any help!

(Ken) #2

You’re fine. Fat loss may be fairly slow for you due to the fact you’ve lost fat before and have a smaller frame. A pace for you may well be less than a pound per week, and even that may be hard to verify because of water flux. About the best thing to do is maintain the proper macros and wait. Take measurements rather than using the scale. In four or six weeks you should be able to confirm some progress.

(Scott) #3

Just plan on eating this way forever and you will never have to stress over a stall. I look at it as “I have time for a stall”. Your body just needs time to settle in.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

You might not be able to get to 100. Your body may prefer around 110. Also, since you are so close to the weight you want to be, it could take quite awhile to get there. Just be patient. It’s only been 15 days.

I’m 5’2" and weight about 115. I’m happy with my weight, but have been doing keep to help kill of the cancer in my body.

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I know it hasn’t been long but the journey overall has been lol just not long on the Keto end of things.

It’s the pcos belly I can’t shake! No matter what I do I hold fat there that won’t budge. It’s usually a hard place but my messed up hormones do not help! I can still grab handfuls frustrating!

But that is nothing compared to cancer! I wish you all the best!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #6

Keto can help PCOS. There’s even a section in the Health area for it. Once you’ve been on long enough you can access it. I’d focus more on the “other health benefits” of keto, rather than trying to lose weight. Once your body fixes other issues it may then let you lose that last bit of belly fat. I wouldn’t stress about weight or the belly. Just eat healthy and let your body fix what needs fixing. It can be a long process, but very worth it!

In case you haven’t seen it:

(traci simpson) #7

No such thing as a stall in my opinion. Your body is still working behind the scenes even if the numbers don’t move.