On the go breakfast

(Megan Conner) #1

For all of us hard working individuals, what is the best breakfast on the go you use when you’re constantly running? I don’t have time to make breakfast in the morning as my commute on the highway is usually 30 minutes to an hour. I typically only have coffee but don’t even have the time to blend BPC. Help!

Hard boiled eggs - make them days ahead of time. Beef jerky or similar. Olives. Nuts. HWC in coffee.

(Cynthia) #3

Egg “muffins” which are basically mini quiches. Recipes abound on the internet and when I was still eating breakfast (vs. “break” fast), I would make them Sunday afternoon and have them for the week. They are so easy!

(Vladaar Malane) #4

Black coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon in it is my breakfast. :slight_smile:

But if I was going to eat breakfast, I don’t believe in the waking up just in time to go to work thing. I wake up early to make sure I’m woke up watch some news, and would cook some eggs and bacon.

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #5

I bake pure pork sausages in bulk once a month and then wrap them in cling wrap and freeze them in twos or threes for later nuking in the microwave for 1 minute before eating.

(Troy) #6

Ditto!!!
My exact same breakfast :grin:

If I was eating breakfast
Perhaps some type of overnight chia porridge or one of those egg breakfast scrambles made in a muffin pan
Then refrigerate or freeze

Maybe not eating anything is a good thing!

(Sarah ) #8

Cheese sticks, jerky sticks (read labels carefully, some bands are loaded with sweetners), hard boiled egg. Fatty supplements like fish oil or mct oil in capsule form. Drink water and eat food with theses. There are tons of great coffee and cooking accessories designed for cars (truckers). It depends how much time you spend driving vs sitting still.

My guess is that you’ll start getting up earlier (keto seems to do that to almost everyone), and have time to whir your fatty coffee in the blender too.

(Sarah ) #9

Also this. You could basically tweak this ingredient list however you like. I’m going to try it myself. https://www.appetiteforenergy.com/8-minute-low-carb-scrambled-egg-breakfast-jars/