On day 5 and frustrated

(mags) #21

Sore subject… I’m Welsh! We were so close :cry:
Bet you had a double dose today with the result this afternoon!

(Jimmy) #22

So…a month in and I feel great. I’m only down about 8lbs but clothes are fitting better and the strips are showing I’m producing ketones. What’s weird is that my body is definitely changing even though the scale doesn’t seem to be dropping that much. Is this wishful thinking? It just seems like I’m carrying less body fat.

Also, can anyone help with how I can “manage my macros” better? Not sure what that really means. Do I need to log everything in Carb Manager app? What am I looking for?

(Alec) #23

2lbs per week… perfect!!! Clothes fitting better… perfect!!! Producing ketones… you get the picture!! :+1::+1::ok_hand::ok_hand:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #24

Many people here don’t log at all and will advocate for that, but if you’re struggling to manage it or understand what a balanced Keto meal looks like, I would advise logging everything, at least until you get the hang of it. There are many apps out there, and again, some people have their favorite. I think all of them have their pros and cons and none are really ideal for Keto, but pick one (lost of free ones) and start using it. I use MFP because that’s what I’m used to and I know it well enough to spot good and bad entries. But I’m not advocating it in anyway. MFP has a bar code option I use all the time. This allows you to scan the item and the manufacture nutrition inputs will come up.
One thing to note is that the manufacturer servings are often so small to be able to get away saying it had 0 carbs but when you adjust to normal portion sizes, you’ll find it has a lot more. This will be the case on all trackers as it’s something sneaky the food people do, not a problem with the trackers.