On day 4

(Paula) #1

Hi, I’m on day 4 of the Keto Diet and I’m a bit confused with the foods I either go over the 20g carbs or to high on protein. This is what I’m having tomorrow:

tuna 1g carbs 0.9g fat 14.2g protein
spinach 0.3g carbs 0.1g fat 0.7 protein
mayo 1g carbs 13.4g fat 0.2g protein
olive oil 0 25g fat 0
quiche 3g carbs 36g fat 16g protein
broccli 2g carbs 0.4g fat 1.6g protein
cream 1g carbs 11.8g fat 0.4g protein
peppers 3g carbs 0.1g fat 0.5g protein
tomato 2g carbs0.1g fat 0.8g protein
cheese 0g carbs 10.5g fat 8g protein
Hazelnuts 0.3g carbs 13g fat 3.3g protein

Any advice on whether this is ok or should I have more to feel fuller? Also I’ve had running nose all day could this be the Keto Flu or just abit run down?

Looks ok to me. Remember you can always tweak things later. For now I’d focus on keeping the carbs to about 20 and just try for foods with more fat grams than protein. That should be a good start.

(Renee Slaughter) #3

Couple of questions. Why does your tuna include a 1gm carb? What’s in your quiche? Skip your pepper and tomato.

(Renee Slaughter) #4

Switch your tuna to an oil based tuna.

(Paula) #5

The tuna is half a tin at 1g I mix it with olive oil and mayonnaise

(Paula) #6

Great thank you think I need to find foods that are higher in fat than protein. Any suggestions?

I thought this list was very useful early on. Getting enough fat can seem like a challenge but you’ll get the hang of it.

(Renee Slaughter) #8

In sorry some things I don’t track. Chicken thighs with the skin. Wild caught salmon baked in butter. Tuna in oil enjoy the 4 oz can

(Paula) #9

I will have a look thank you

(TJ Borden) #10

Just look for tuna packed in either it’s own oil, or in olive oil. A lot of tuna packed in oil is vegetable oil, so you’re better off with the water

(Renee Slaughter) #11

Cursed vegetable oil. It’s everywhere. Thanks for the heads up