OMG No Longer Obese!

(Sophie) #1

Ooohhhh Happy Day!!! I had a feeling it was time to run my BMI after this mornings weight in and lo and behold, I’m only an Overweight Person!!! It’s been 8yrs since that benchmark and I’m beside myself with joy and happiness. Many times I’ve thrown in the towel and given up, but those days are over and now I can really see the light at the end of this tunnel. So to celebrate, I’m going to continue my fast until this afternoon instead of having breakfast! :smile: If I can do this you can do this too! KCKO my friends, it works!

(Doug) #2

Sophie, that really puts a smile on my face this morning. :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #3

Thanks! You should see my big ass grin…people are gonna wonder what I’ve been up too! :laughing:

(Sonia A.) #4

Congratulations :clap::clap::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::tada::tada::tada:

(Mike Glasbrener) #5

Awesome job!

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

Wonderful news, keep it up. In April, I finally reached normal range. It is a struggle to cross those makers. If you think you are excited now, you will love it when you hit normal territory.

Adding extended fasts to IF sure helped me in that battle. Not sure if you do any fasting or not, but you might want to add that to your bag of tricks.

(Sophie) #7

@Ijjunne & @Mglasbrener Thank you! It’s been a really good day here. :blush:

@collaroygal Thanks and congrats on your milestone. I am Sooooo looking forward to hitting the normal mark I can almost taste it. It will be really good to get back, get back, get back to where I once belonged! :radio: :guitar: :notes: I’ve been dreaming of having hip bones again. :smile:

@collaroygal ETA, that I have been IF for a couple of months but not a regular schedule just to shake it up and my longest was 22hrs so I’m thinking about more EF anyway. Sure does save on the grocery bills!

(Linda Culbreth) #8

:bacon::joy:

(Cathy Schroder) #9

Congratulations!! It is a great feeling.

(Rosi ) #10

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! You are doing a great job! I was obese for over ten years, and just a few months ago I was able to declare myself as just overweight too! I love that! Now working towards a healthy weight for me.

Congratulations! That’s brilliant news!

(Liz ) #12

Very exciting!!

Awesome news, congrats!

(Sophie) #14

@justme, @madaboutchooks, @Ketolicious, @LizinLowell, @Darcy, Thanks for your kind words!

@mamarosi, Thank you and congrats on your success too! It’s so bizarre to me to shop now. I haven’t been morbid obese for about 2yrs but I find I still wander over to the Plus Size section of the store. And now that I’m kinda used to looking at the Misses stuff, it seems like I constantly get the wrong size. I just got back from Target with 3 simple t-shirts… one was an XXL and the others were XL and they are ALL TOO BIG! I just can’t wrap my head around being in a size L again after so many years! It’s BLISS! :heart_eyes:

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

@mamarosi, Wishing you success at getting into the normal weight range and congrats on not being obese any more. It is a wonderful feeling to slide down those recommended weight charts!

That’s amazing! Huge props!

Remember that BMI is not a reliable measure of health since it is literally just taking height and weight together, which is never a full picture. You may be have way less fat than you think!

For me, it’s the other way, my BMI is 27.8, but my body fat % is 31%, and that includes a high level of visceral (fat around my organs). On the other hand, according to BMI, my healthy weight range is 69.6 - 93.7kg, but I know from DEXA that getting down to 90kg means around 10% body fat.

It’s hard to write about this without sounding like I’m diminishing your accomplishment and progress, which I’m not, absolutely not, it’s amazing and you go! I’m just cautioning against using BMI as a measure of health since two people of the same height and weight can have vastly different bodies.

(Toni Barrient) #17

Congratulations! I know what that feels like as I have recently passed that mark as well. :bacon: Keto on

(Richard I Houghton) #18

Great work Sophie! I know what you mean. Keep it going and keep posting your progress.

(Eileen ) #19

That is awesome!!!

(Chris Pazdernik) #20

Super awesome! Congrats. I haven’t been down to the overweight category in over 5 years. I’m about 9 pounds away. 6 months ago I flirted with morbid obese range. Going the right direction now. I see an extended fast in my future.

Keep going!