Omg my girls asked for a keto dinner!

(debbie.segouini) #1

I nearly cried with joy tonight when my two sugar addicts asked for ham and cheese with no bread :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Maybe this is the start of something new…!! I’d love them to get more keto as I do worry for their future health…

(James storie) #2

Mine are teenagers and naturally disregard everything I say! But they won’t turn away one of my meals!

(Siobhan) #3

My mom was the one who got me into keto so it is very possible :slight_smile:

(Cathrine Helle) #4

My children (teenagers) does not care for my WOE unfortunately. Even though it has been a part of our lives the past seven years. In the beginning I was quite strict - i made keto dinners and they could eat if they wanted to. Nowadays they just make their own food before I get home from work - needless to say it’s not optimal :confused:

Both children are over weight, not obese (yet), so I’m hoping my successes with my WOE will inspire them to make healthier choices in the long run. My daughter (17) is going away for school this year, and I’m somewhat concerned that eating will get out of hand. My son (14) has not yet hit puberty, so I’m not panicking just yet, but if he keeps his sugary habits up I foresee some difficult years ahead. Fortunately he is not ashamed of his body whatsoever, and self esteem and social skills are up there.

I really wish I’d known about and introduced keto to the family from the start, introducing it later was not a success.

(debbie.segouini) #5

It’s so hard isn’t it? My youngest has really packed on the pounds and doing lazy keto is not working as they clearly have too much sugar in their diet. I try to control and minimise it but during school term, they eat at breakfast club (which is full of carbage) and their dad feeds them crap when he has them. I’m starting to get anxious now.

Yesterday they went clothes shopping with their dad and nothing fitted, then my eldest admitted boys have been saying she’s fat and being mean. We all cried and agreed to try harder. We had keto dinner and this morning had keto breakfast. I really want this to work but kids have no will power or understanding for long term goal - they just want instant gratification. I feel like a failure…

I think something sinks in from our behavior (and perseverance and success) to influence our children’s eating when they’re older but it’s rarely a direct path! Good luck, Debbie.

(Cathrine Helle) #7

Please don’t feel like a failure! Being slim has somehow become a measure of success, when it’s actually a matter of genetics :confused: My children may be chubby, but they are kind, well behaved and smart. These are traits that will get them much further in life than being thin ever will. That being said, it won’t change the fact that they will perceived as being without willpower and lazy because of their appearance! It’s just infuriating :rage:

(debbie.segouini) #8

Totally agree with you and have repeatedly told mine that it’s what’s inside that counts but I know this life - I’ve been judged weight-wise and it has held me back. I don’t want them to be paranoid and worry when there’s so much more pressure in the world today to look good. I hate the shallowness of it too. :confused: