OMG ~ I ❤️my Instant Pot

I got an Instant Pot for Christmas. I LOVE it… I have made a pork roast it was amazing. A turkey breast. Boiled eggs, Anybody have a favorite recipe t you want to share? Thanks. :grin:

Am still experimenting with mine, but bone broth is the best in an Instant Pot. It’s fast and cleanup is relatively easy.

(Glenda) #3

My favorite things to use it for are boiled eggs, spaghetti squash and broccoli/cauliflower soup. For the eggs I do 7 min, let sit for 7 the release pressure and put into ice water- they peel so easy! The squash I cut in half and throw in for 7 min with a cup of water. For the soup I usually make up the recipe as I go but it typically is putting in the vegetables with some chicken broth, doing “0” min of pressure (just gets them steamed), the blending with an immersion blender, adding cheese and cream.

(Wade Minter) #4

We made a carne guisada in the instant pot last night and it was heaven - the stew beef came out exceptionally tender!

(Pam ) #5

Got Maria Emmerich’s Keto Instant Pot/Slow Cooker cookbook yesterday and can’t wait to try some of the recipes. They all look really yummy and easy.

(Deborah ) #6

I love my IP, too! I’m only cooking for me, so tend to just make very simple things. Beef short ribs, pot/chuck roast, boiled eggs, etc. I love being able to come home from work and cook a whole chicken in no time flat. I’ve also done frozen chicken wings – freezer to table in less than 30 mins.!

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

Check out this thread, I also got one, some good ideas over there.

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Cooked my first Instant Pot cheesecake, it turned out beautiful. No cracking and no deflation. It is still in the fridge awaiting our main meal today. I skipped breakfast and am not concerned about eating lunch, so will be a one meal day for me. I think I will use up some blueberries making a blueberry sauce to top it off. Just hope it tastes as good as it looks. DH wanted to sample it last night, but I faught him off. :joy:

:partying_face: Happy 2019

What kind of pan did you use for the cheesecake? Thanks

I used my 17cm pan and I ordered 6-inch a few days ago :slight_smile:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #11

I like putting a protein that I have smoked on the grill for an hour or so in with some onions that I’ve sauteed in it, some garlic, herbs, spices, then whatever liquid to bring it to the minimum fill line, set it for 40 minutes and natural release, and just let it do it’s thing.

I realize that’s nearly ever instant pot recipe, more or less, but it’s more a process than a recipe. Any tough cut of meat will work like that, son long as you keep the herbs, spices and liquids consonant.

As an example, I have a tupper filled with boneless Chuck short ribs. They were smoked for 40 minutes, tossed in with a sauteed onion, garlic, chipotle peppers and their liquid, chicken stock, cinnamon, red wine, and cumin. An hour of high pressure, natural release, then reduce the liquid for 10 minutes after removing most of the beef. Shredded tender, and delicious.

(KCKO, KCFO) #12

7" spring form pan, worked great. Nothing stuck to the sides or the bottom, I lightly oiled them.
I made a blueberry sauce for it, used fresh berries, a 1/4 t. of allspice, a few drops of stevia, a large pinch of konjac powder and water to barely cover the berries, Let is simmer to the thickness I liked. Very easy and tasted great

Best cheesecake I have ever made.

cheesecake%20slice%20with%20blueberry%20sauce