OMG Cheesy vegemite taco

(Richard Morris) #1

Cheese taco + Vegemite + Scrambled egg and avocado … this would be one way that keto ovo-lacto-vegans could get their B vitamins

Yea! We more Vegemite recipes!
Marmite too!

Maybe a little friendly competition, which is better, Vegemite or Marmite : )
I’ll throw my vote to Marmite. I first tasted in in England years ago.

How do you vote?

And drop the #BoringKeto tag!

(Doug) #3

If I had a glass of scotch handy, I’d raise it to Colin Hay (always felt he was an under-rated vocalist).

(Tammz Place) #4

Yes i know what is on the menu here tomorrow! I am most definitely a vegemite kid at heart .

(Norma Laming) #5

That cheese looks suspiciously yellow to be mozzarella, which is white?

I’ve never tried either.

(Richard Morris) #7

I guess low fat mozzarella may be more white than full cream - maybe this person has found a source of high fat mozzarella :slight_smile:

(Norma Laming) #8

I doubt that, Richard. Mozzarella should always be made from whole milk and if you google for Italian mozzarella it is always white. That is why I doubt that this might be true mozzarella. I think a good mix anyway might be mozzarella mixed with a hard cheese like cheddar dot

(Norma Laming) #9

I have just realised the answer. It must’ve been made from cows milk and not from Buffalo milk. Buffalo milk is white where as cows’ milk is yellow. So it was a mozzarella type cheese but not actual, real mozzarella. That explains the colour!

(Tammz Place) #10

All the pre shredded mozzarella i buy here in Aus is yellow colour its full fat not skim as far as i know :smiley:

(Norma Laming) #11

Real mozzarella is made with buffalo milk. Buffalo milk is white and goes very soft and stringy when heated, like you get on the top of a pizza. What’s in the video isn’t mozzarella.