Omad?

newbies

(Becky) #21

Believe me, I’m working on the calorie thing lol, and I’m enjoying working on the calories thing :rofl: who knew!

(Marianne) #22

I know - what other diet allows you to eat - and fat and salt, my two favorite things!!!

:blush:

It seems to fit out circadian rhythm better if the eating hours are early in the day.

(Susan) #24

Yes, I have heard this as well; and it is what @David_Stilley does for his TMAD window too. He is done his two meals by 3pm I think (around then). I find with my family schedule and me making supper, hubby is home from work at 4pm (while he is in the shower, I am finishing up supper) and us eating at 4:30 or so works out better for us eating together is all.

I think it’s probably best to do what works for your life, but since Becky was asking, I figured it was worth a mention!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

I have read that we should really stop eating at least four hours before bedtime, for reasons that seemed to have something to do with what insulin does while we sleep. I’m not clear on what evidence this advice is based, so take it with a grain of salt.

In all these things, one of the big lessons I’ve been learning from keto is how important it is to listen to my body. I always seem to do better when I pay attention to how I’m feeling. It’s when I think I know better than two million years of evolution, that I get into trouble, lol!

(Becky) #27

Thanks everyone, I’m still figuring what window will work best for me, but I’m discovering I need to do as @PaulL says and just listen to my body. My whole reason for trying OMAD was to break this 2+ month stall, but I’m learning so much from all of you, which is a wonderful bonus!

So here is what I’ve done so far:
Added more calories
Stopped inadvertently snacking
Started drinking way way way more water
Attempting a smaller eating window (call it what ya will)
Most important I’m listening to my own body, I’m done stressing over am I fasting, am I OMAD/TMAD, am I doing what everyone else is doing? I’m just focusing on my own body! What I found is when I stop stressing over it, I’m usually OMAD lol

You guys are amazing and I honestly don’t think I could do any of this without you all!

(Susan) #28

Yes for sure, and you are right, I wish I could manage this, as I agree that it is better. I am hoping that my finishing eating before 5pm is still better then eating later still =).

(Susan) #29

All of those things that you listed look really good to me, Becky! I am cheering you on for success =).

(I totally understand the frustrations, my accountability thread is a testament to my own struggles in trying to make the scales move… haha).

(Joey) #30

@Rseay Sounds like you’re doing great. A few quick comments…

By “working on the calorie thing” I hope you mean making sure you get enough. Undernourishment is a great way to lose a few pounds… until you stop and realize you have put the brakes on your metabolism. Keto + IF will do wonders for your weight while keeping your metabolism ramped up. That’s the secret sauce :wink:

Bingo! It’s the fat plus salt combo that’s both so satisfying and essential to your good health. Don’t skimp on either.

Especially if you’re drinking “way way way more water” don’t forget about making sure you’re getting “way way way” more salt, too :+1:

(Becky) #31

Yes, sorry, upping the calories and salt!!!

(Katie) #32

It is healthier to be fasted for at least a couple of hours before bed.

As for getting in adequate calories–are you eating calorie-dense food? Eating higher volume foods but lower in calories (like fibrous vegetables) will make it more difficult for you. Eating fatty cuts of meat will help you because the food volume will be lower but the calorie count higher. Could be something to experiement.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #33

@PaulL If you don’t know about the evidence maybe Dr. Fung can clarify that. With all the noise about skipping breakfast and meal times not mattering I choose to follow Dr. Fung’s opinion on the subject. It fits a natural pattern for me. I don’t eat 8-10 hours before sleeping and I notice a huge difference in sleep and how I feel. I understand that some people have social patterns they live by especially eating with other family members but that is a compromise to what might work better in metabolic ways concerning weight loss.

https://idmprogram.com/the-critical-importance-of-meal-timing-for-weight-loss/

A short article worth reading. :cowboy_hat_face: