Old habits die eventually

(Cathy Schroder) #1

I had a car accident last night. No broken bones thank goodness. I was very shaken up because I had an accident eight years ago in which I nearly died, so this incident bought back some very unpleasant memories.

However it is true that every cloud has a silver lining, because it has occurred to me that I didn’t immediately rush to the supermarket to buy a block of chocolate. This is huge achievement for me because whilst I have been trying to avoid using food as an emotional crutch, this time it didn’t even occur to me. There was no battle in my mind at all, and for anyone that knows me, that is the biggest achievement of all!!

(Michelle) #2

Glad you are okay, and happy you can put emotional eating in your past! :clap:

(Jaidann) #3

Oh my gosh! So sorry about your accident. However the amazing NSV is definitely worth celebrating!!

(Roxanne) #4

So glad you are OK, and congrats on finally breaking free. I noticed something similar when dealing with my Dad’s ill health and death the previous few months. Before going keto, many visits with him were followed by a stop chocolate to deal with the emotions - so nice to be free of that!

Whew! Scary! Glad you’re ok. Grats on a super NSV!

(Patty W) #6

Wow! Thank goodness you’re ok!
Just goes to show the healthier you become, the better your body & mind are able to adapt to stress. Congratulations!

Well done. I keep trying to remind myself that food is not entertainment, and nor is it therapy. Although sometimes I do still pig out a bit, I just make sure it’s keto… :slight_smile: (bag of pork rinds and a no-carb beer)

(Cathy Schroder) #8

That’s my next mountain to conquer - not pigging out on Keto foods. It took me 50 years to establish appalling eating habits so I still have a way to go!