Ok vegans, this bud's for you

(Karen) #1

See what I did there. I found this interesting, as the question comes up frequently. We want to support our vegan friends for health improvements, while respecting their sensibilities.

K

(KetoQ) #2

Karen, by “Bud” did you mean Budweiser or the Cheech and Chong (no carb) kind?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

I thought it was an autocorrect for “spud”! :rofl:

(Annette) #4

There seem to be a lot of supplementy type proteins rather than real food. I struggle to get to my macros as a pescetarian, I just don’t have much of an appetite for protein. My favourite vegetarian protein thing at the moment is tofu korma nuggets. Coat tofu cubes in egg then spiced almond/coconut flour, spray with coconut oil and bake til crispy. You could use a vegan substitute for the egg (chia?).

Interesting–the black soy beans are really low carb! I may have to check those out!

(Karen) #6

This is helpful for vegetarians, and pescatarians too, but this was a protein link for vegans. They can really struggle. I tried a bite of beyond the burger with my daughter. Flavor is pretty good, color ok, juiciness good, texture meh. There is lea protein, maltodexrin in it and potato starch, and clearly they are training wheels for vegetarians.

K

(Karen) #7

*pea. :seedling:. Bud. I prefer tempeh

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #8

They are unfermented soy, so have their own separate issues.