Ok to be jealous of my lunch today

17 ounce smoked Duroc pork chop

Celebrating my Astros sweeping the Mariners and the Yankees

I have Wagyu waiting to celebrate beating the Phillies (although I do like Bryce Harper)

(Bob M) #2

What is a “Duroc” pork chop?

Duroc is a breed, the local pig farm have Duroc pigs, they looks great, my SO calls them “roasted pig” as they are already lovely brown colored :smiley:

Pork chop isn’t the cut I like, too lean but it still looks lovely and smoked and I love that so maybe I would like it… I still refuse to be envious :wink: My freezer is freshly packed with pork, it’s good enough for me now :slight_smile:

A Heritage breed of pig:

Loads of places to buy, I get mine here among other places… this one came from a specialty butcher:

Chops are occasionally dry but this one was really excellent. I slow smoked it using my son’s rub and wow, I am full after just more than half of it.

The rest won’t survive the night though.

(Robin) #6

Have mercy, that looks divine!

(Doug) #7

Durocs are some cute piggies. We had a few back when I was a kid. Nice, playful, perhaps even ‘fun-loving’ pigs. One piglet, ‘Little Red,’ would run right up to you like a puppy. He liked to be scratched on his head, between his ears.

Almost 50 years later, Little Red’s memory lives on with us. He was the littlest pig of the litter, and he remained the smallest as he grew older. In the end, those were some small pork chops, but they were very, very good.