Ok, this is a weird study (crossover of keto versus med)

(Bob M) #1

This is a strange study. It’s a crossover design (same people try two different diets) of keto versus Mediterranean. The starting point was HbA1c…which I don’t think they ever did. Or at least I can’t find it in the results.

They end up with just a comparison of how hard it was to stick to keto or Med. Easier sometimes on keto (get to test ketones), and also harder (might have to cook two meals, keto + whatever the family eats). Med was harder to describe and there’s no feedback (no ketones).

I was hoping for more…

(Todd Allen) #2

Well that was funny. But here’s a funnier crossover: https://cholesterolcode.com/oreos-versus-statins-an-lmhr-cholesterol-drop-n-1/

(Joey) #3

This is hysterical. :laughing:

(Joey) #4

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, this is an odd study. It deserves to be published in Journal of Behavioral Science, not Nutrients - since it’s not about the effects of diet. It’s about the inability of people to change their eating behavior. :roll_eyes:

(Bob M) #5

I like that one!

Edit: I’d bet money the oreos will be much “better” for his cholesterol.

(Bob M) #6

I was trying to find a comparison between keto and the Med diet. There aren’t many. And this popped up. Was quite interested in it, then realized the results weren’t what I was looking for, in terms that there really aren’t any.