Ok this has been a money saver for me

(gooeykablooey) #1

I know I havent been here in forever, life got away from me for a while but wanted to share my favorite money savers
Ibotta App, this is like using coupons but without having to remember to bring them to the checkout (for US residents only I believe) you just select the rebates you want on the app, shop for the items, keep your receipt(hundreds of stores and food companies are involved), scan it at home and the applicable items, and submit for the rebates.
You can also use this online like if you launch Amazon through Ibotta you get back 3% on grocery items (but the items have to be added to the cart AFTER launching, Amazon will not give you credit for an already “built” cart.
Currently there are rebates for Wal-Mart in store on Lindsey olives, BelGioioso fresh mozzarella, other cheeses, some meats, starkist tuna in olive oil.
Ive personally gotten back nearly $500 of what I’ve spent since the end of June.
Other good savers are the coupons.com app (this is an app, you submit the receipt from your smartphone just like ibotta, no printer needed) coupons.com often offers full cost rebates of up to $2.50 any brand, dozen eggs at walmart (even the fancy schmancy organic free range ones.)
Savingstar app
Checkout51 app
Wal-Mart app because it has the savings catcher which price checks all the local circulars to other stores and gives you back the difference on anything you paid more for, I’ve gotten back $12 on just one receipt before with this function
Fetch app (it gives you back 1% on participating brands plus sometimes there are extra bonuses like I got back 1500 points *$1.50 on Maxwell house instant coffee a couple weeks ago)

Now these are not “free money” apps, so please don’t look at them like that. It is easy to get carried away trying for bonuses on some of them and you’ll find yourself with like… 8 packs of Krazy glue because it got you a bonus forgetting you still had to spend money to get it. (Not lying… I almost gifted people a ton of Krazy glue this Christmas…)

Other important point. If you use a referral code from another user they will usually get a bonus for referring someone. I prefer not to refer people myself, if pressed yes I will share my codes but I would rather you check with your friends or family to see if any of them use these apps and then you’ll be helping them out.