Oh no

(Richard M) #1

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2

Avoid these and you should be fine:

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Never in my worst nightmares would I have dreamed up that horrid pink mess.

(Bob M) #4

That is bad. Though I used to like fried pickles at one time.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Pickles are one of my favorite green things. I had fried pickles once was not impressed. That was also preKeto/lchf days.

(Bob M) #6

It depends. We had some that were great and some that weren’t.

I’ve even thought about making some (keto or close) for my next “fry day”. We usually make fried chicken, fried cheese, chicken fingers, so some pickles could go well.

It’s just getting the pork rind / cheese / spice mixture correct. And, I assume, somehow drying the pickle to get the “batter” to stay.

And “fry day” means a lot of clean up and prep. I use high saturated fat “oil”, which is solid at room temp, and a fryer where the heating element is immersed in the oil. I have to put containers of tallow/whatever it is I’m using into a sous vide for a while to heat up to liquid. Then dump the oil into the fryer, and get it going. Put aluminum foil everywhere around the fryer.Then wait after cooking for the oil to get cool but still liquid, then dump out and filter, then clean everything.

And the frying “oil” only lasts at most about 5 fries. It holds onto too much to use more than that. And high quality tallow or the like is expensive.

While I love the results (the fried chicken and cheese are superlative), we limit our frying due to the time constraint.

I seem to remember we tried fried squid (calamari), but couldn’t quite get that to work with the keto batter we used.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #7

(Robin) #8

Actually…… not so unimaginable.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #9

Brace yourself…

(Robin) #10

I’d hit that.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #11

Woman, have some self-respect, Oreos are processed crap. At least, make something from scratch…

(Robin) #12

Found out where I draw the line.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

These are interesting combinations. Makes Scotland’s idea of deep-frying pizza seem pretty tame, huh?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #14

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

Now I feel I should try to dig up a meme of a banana doing gymnastics and label it a banana split. :rofl:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #16

Bad news for librarians:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #17

If you thought pickles on the inside was bad…

(KCKO, KCFO) #18

Ruined a perfectly good pickle. 'Cause all pickles are good, except the ones that get ruined by adding sugar to them.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #19

Pickles are awesome, although I could never get into the frozen pickle juice thing.

(KCKO, KCFO) #20

I would try that. Never seen them in a store.