Oh no No egg yolks

(Cynthia ) #1

Eggs
Just heard on Dr Oz that egg yolks = heart attacks. Evidently they have found the Choline in yolks clog arteries. Suggestion was 1 yolk a week!! Dern I love eggs.

Sausages
John P.A. Ioannidis Hits Another Home Run on Epidemiological Research

:laughing: Good thing I don’t listen to a thing he says!!! LOL! I often eat 5 or 6 extra large eggs a day! I’m healthier than ever. :grinning:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

I’ve been listening to Yes to eggs and No to eggs, back and forth, since I was born. I’m done listening and taking my chances. Also, not saying TV show doctors don’t ever get anything right but that’s not who I count on for information.

(Todd Allen) #4

I have a flock of backyard hens and a typical breakfast is half a dozen raw egg yolks mixed with coconut oil, whey protein, cacao and a half teaspoon of salt. Which according to “nutritional experts” ought to be a perfect storm for my heart. To humor my primary care physician who was freaked out by my high and rising LDL-C last year I agreed to a thorough cardiology exam and was told everything looked great in every test ekg, ultrasound, stress test, etc.

(Marianne) #5

Screw this; just another unproven recommendation du jour. I’m not stopping eating egg yolks.

(Marianne) #6

I want backyard hens!!! Lucky you!

:cry:

(Bob M) #7

I go through phases with eggs, but generally eat 3-6 eggs when I eat them. Choline is good for your liver.

http://fattyliverdietguide.org/eat-your-eggs-choline/

(Cynthia ) #8

The Dr who determined this is a real Doc. I love eggs, raised chickens for years, but honestly what they were saying was pretty scary. My inclination is to say BS but I don’t know. It is hard to ignore scientific evidence and yes there were trials run. If any one else saw the show I would like to hear their thoughts. Thanks guys.

(Cynthia ) #9

The guy who ran the research is DR Rosen. May have miss spelled his name.

(Doug) #10

I would bet that along with eating whole eggs, many carbohydrates and processed foods were consumed as well. That almost always really changes things.

Every year I hate Dr Oz a little bit more. Heart Attack here I come!

(Cynthia ) #12

But evidently yolks produce too much.

(Bob M) #13

This is probably tied in with that BS TMAO:

https://chriskresser.com/choline-and-tmao-eggs-still-dont-cause-heart-disease/

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

Here’s something to always consider when evaluating stuff like this. It is always in the context of the SAD. All the info about cholesterol being bad is also tainted by the fact that the people eating in the studies are usually eating sugar and processed foods and basically :poop: with some real food thrown in occasionally. I’ve been eating lots of eggs for 40 years and my cardiovascular system is totally clear in my upper body, I had a cardiograph a couple of years ago before I started KETO. I eat 4-5 everyday and my Doctor told me to do that a couple of years ago. Sorry, I didn’t see the show but there’s always claims going on about eggs as @PetaMarie said. I just did a web search about choline and arterial clogging and came up with zero hits. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Jeff Gilbertson) #15

(Cynthia ) #16

He said the Choline gops up the arteries which cause blood clots.

(Ken) #17

Yeah, what he said. I’m not aware of any research on eggs in the context of a Lipolytic, Glucagon secreting nutritional pattern.

(Cynthia ) #18

The new research telling us not to eat the yolks has nothing to do with cholesterol. Rosen says, “We have a trip back to the ’90s. It gave us a no-yolk policy from cholesterol. People stopped eating yolks but later realized it had nothing to do with our cholesterol.”

Oz says eggs are not your problem if you are having high cholesterol. He says choline is found in the yolk which is good for you.

A lot of the new research came from the university where Dr. Michael Roisen works. Roisen says, “Animal products, egg yolks, especially, have a lot of choline which changes our bacteria in our gut which can cause a difference in our bloodstream making us more susceptible to stroke.”

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #19

Good, bad, good, bad again. I’m eating my damn eggs. Oh and beef as well. Got to eat something. Heck, I gave up gold fish. Nothing good left to eat. :laughing:

(Jeremy Storie) #20

Just because he is a doctor doesn’t make him right… if you want eggs, eat eggs.