Oh my, sous vide egg bites

I just finished making sous vide egg bites in small jars. I opened one to test, took one bite, then my daughter ran off with it. They’re fantastic! I added sausage, bacon, and small cubes of cheese to my egg mixture. Four of the eight jars actually sealed in the “bath.” I’m thinking that is a bonus for freshness? I hope so.

Home Canning / Food Preservation

Finger tight with bands, will seal my egg bite jars as well. I have even reused lids and they all seal fine on the reuse.

My hardest difficulty is reheating the sous vide eggbite jars at work, the work microwave murders them, I am going to try the hot water and cooler method of reheating next time… I just love the consistency and velvety texture of the eggbites. Which will be why I will go thru the trouble of hotwater reheating my sous vide lunches.

I reheated some sous vide steak for lunch on a salad yesterday… used hot water in my Nalgane bottle… it was perfect.

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #3

Forgive my ignorance… they look like little quiches to me. Does the sous vide cooking method give you a different taste and texture?

Yes they are little quiches, but starbucks made news with them when they released “egg bites” cooked sous vide.

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/food/hot-breakfast/sous-vide-egg-bites-egg-white-roasted-red-pepper

I use a quiche recipe for more keto friendly versus a starbucks copy recipe, results are amazing and sous vide “eggbites” currently is my favorite method of eating eggs.

https://anovaculinary.com/easy-homemade-sous-vide-egg-bites/

All of my jars ended up sealing by the time I put them in the fridge. I reheated on in the microwave at work today and it was still very good. I heated them 30 seconds, then just a few seconds longer. If I take them out of the jar first, I’m thinking a little less time. It’s an easy breakfast for me.

I don’t usually nuke “just” meat, I prefer to let it sit out about 20 minutes before eating it. However, it might be worth trying to heat up sous vide meats since my tendency before was to overcook most things.