Oh brother

(Michelle) #1

people will latch on to this and tell keto eaters we are all going to die…

and of course, you can see who "supported (aka funded) the study!!
This work was supported by the General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition and by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Agricultural Research Service. Karl was supported by the Science, Mathematics, and Research Transformation Defense Education Program. Vanegas was supported by Stanley N. Gershoff Scholarship of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, and by the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (Research Training Program in Nutrition, Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, award DK062032), and by an American Society for Nutrition 2012 Kraft Foods, Inc. Predoctoral Fellowship.

:dizzy_face:

(bulkbiker) #2

Well I think even keto won’t be able to prevent that!
But what a missed opportunity to have a no grains control group…

(Jo Lo) #3

All they are saying is that unrefined grains are better than refined grains. Marginally lower glycemic index, so a slower insulin reaction. Yes, that alone could lead to some weight loss.

But this is not something to cheer about!

Why not eat foods that do not spike our insulin?

(Brad) #4

Not so sure about #1
www.foxnews.com/health/2017/02/22/13-surprising-sperm-killers.html

(Nicole) #5

I think I’ve seen this for legumes and nuts too. Nuts! :slight_smile: Apparently you can only use 75% of the calories from nuts, so a 400 kcal snack of nuts is actually more like 300kcal.

I’ll let the sugar burners use the whole grain advantage and I’ll use the nut advantage. :wink: