Official Keto Trinity

(Andrew Anderson) #1

Ok, so not “official.”
Bacon, Kerrygold, and porkrinds
Feel free to suggest your own, but these 3 things are my personal staples. These 3 things coupled with all other keto fun make me look like a culinary MacGyver.
I concede we all have personal trinity’s. :kissing_heart:

I’ll see your bacon and Kerrygold, but I’ll raise you some heavy whipping cream.

(Jim Russell) #3

Eggs, kerrygold and HWC.

(KetoCowboy) #4

Eggs (for the K2, among other things), cheese (especially gouda, for the K2, among other things), and Kerry Gold butter (for the K2, among other things).

(Sonia A.) #5

Butter (no kerrygold here), coconut oil and butter (I know it’s mentioned twice, but it’s that good :grin:)

(Jim Russell) #6

French butter is awesome!

(Sonia A.) #7

Yes, it is :heart_eyes:

(Doug) #8

Porkrinds/pork skins - versatile replacement for so many things carbohydrate.

Cheese - especially like the ones between hard and soft, where there is a ‘curd structure’ - the coarse, pebbled look of the surface when you break a block of cheese apart, or the fibrous-appearing “grain” as in a ball of mozzarella.

Eggs - I’d hate to imagine a world without them.

*Butter - it sucks not being at home and really being able to cook. Last week I tried to get Kerrygold for the first time, and wouldn’t you know - there was a sale on the bigger portions, which were all gone, leaving only the single, 4 ounce bars for $2.49 each. Ouch! My induction into the fan club was pushed into the future.

(Jim Russell) #9

Costco usually has a 3 pack of the 8 oz bars for around $7.99.

(Doug) #10

Jim, that’s a good deal. No Costco close to me, Sam’s Club would be it - 17.6 oz. lb for $6.98.

(Susan) #11

Wow, choosing three things is difficult but guess I’d go with Kerrygold, heavy whipping cream, and cheese (most any kind of cheese)

(Mark Rhodes) #12

HWC (coffee, whipped and as a drink combined with Zevia Soda)
Mayonnaise (made with 100% Good oils or bacon fat OR fresh garden herbs)
Coffee ( black for fasts!!)
No to coffee? Ok, Kerrygold.( goes good on pork rinds)

I have a slightly different take on the Keto trinity:

1. Short memory (to purposefully and definitively forget last night’s/week’s cheats)

2. Patience (recognizing that I didn’t get this way in 3 months, so it’ll take more than 3 months to get to my goals)

3. Open-mindedness (to consider others’ viewpoints, experiences, and takes on various issues (e.g., Ketostix, protein levels, exercise, etc.))

(Ethan) #14

I don’t eat pork, so these wouldn’t work for me, but if they do for you, great!

I think my key items are

Coconut oil in all forms (powder, raw oil, etc.)
Eggs
Cheese

(Mike W.) #15

Butter, bacon, and bourbon.

(Erin Macfarland ) #16

@PrimalBrian I love number 3!

(Erin Macfarland ) #17

Rib eyes, coconut butter, mac nuts

(Allan Misner) #18

Mine is quite different. Beef, eggs, and fish. I’m a whole food fan but do mix in a bit of your trinity, but not as a primary source.

I don’t eat meat (gasp!) but for me, butter, heavy whipping cream, and hard cheese (esp. parmesan). I do live in the dairy state.

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #20

Butter
Bacon
HWC