Official Keto Trinity

Pasture raised eggs.
Pasture raised bacon and lard.
Avocado.

(Lauren) #22

Bacon, butter, and steak.

Thatā€™s pretty much all Iā€™ve eaten for 3 days. Itā€™s my happy place.

(Andrew Anderson) #23

Wow! These great responses have me questioning my faith. :wink:

(Ernest) #24

Leaf lard, pasture raised egg yolks, fatty beef short ribs

Bacon, cream, and coffee.

My husband often grills up a whole package of bacon on Saturday mornings (I hate cooking it myself, so I leave it to him). This week, as I picked up a warm, salty piece in each hand, I said, ā€œIf I ever struggle with keeping low-carb, just remind me, ā€˜Soon there will be bacon.ā€™ā€

Cream becauseā€¦well, cream. I eat it on my low-carb granola (doesnā€™t take a lot), and I feel like Iā€™m eating something decadent. And of course I put it in my coffee.

I didnā€™t even used to drink coffee, but Iā€™ve recently discovered how ridiculously satisfying and filling a cup is when sweetened (liquid sucralose for me; I know, but leave me alone, Iā€™m happy) and lightened with cream. I know Iā€™m taking in 50 calories or so with each cup, but itā€™s really helped me to otherwise eliminate afternoon/evening snacking, and I finally punched through a plateau.

Hmmmm, tricky one. If it based on what I eat most regularly it would probably be cheese, eggs and nuts.

(jilliangordona) #27

Eggs, coconut cream, coconut oil. Oh how I miss HWC and butterā€¦

(Siobhan) #28

Eggs (natures multivitamin)
Kerrygold (for coffee, on top of steak, etc)
Cheese

Orā€¦ almond flour/coconut flour - becayse there doesnt seem to be any sub you cant whip up with them

(Roxanne) #29

Eggs
Home made mayonaise with avocado oil
HWC

But also almost equally important
Creme fraiche (which is really just HWC)
Cheese
My chocolate fat bombs
Bacon
Blue cheese dressing made with my own mayo

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #30

rump (beef) steak; roast lamb; and any form of grass-fed butter, but unpasteurised when I can get/afford it.

(rib-eye steak would be good too, but I never feel I can afford it).

A second level of trinity:

coconut oil; almost any form of cheese; Greek-style yoghurt.

Oops: eggs should also be in there somewhere, as should lambā€™s liver and kidney.

It is truly hard to limit to three. I know eggs and bacon would definitely be on my list, but I canā€™t decide between heavy whipping cream, butter, or coconut oil for the third.

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #32

Why are you not having them?? That would make me so sad!

(Bonnie) #33

90% Chocolate, almond butter and Kerry gold fat bombs
Avacados
deviled eggs

(Bonnie) #34

What is HWC?

Keep an eye out for the Oct-Nov holiday sale. It drops to ~$5. Stock up for the year and put the extra in the freezer.

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #36

Heavy Whipping Cream

(Alison) #37

Heavy Whipping Cream
Buffalo Mozarella
Olive Oil

and honorable mention to Filet Mignon + Bernaise Sauce

(Doug) #38

:smile: Desert Island - pick only 3 books or 3 record albumsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #39

Hope, salt, and patience.

(Doug) #40

Or movies.