Off to Goodwill with you

(Jennibc) #21

Getting out of the plus size section was so joyous! Last summer I walked into a Talbot’s in the mall to buy some new shorts. I’d never been in that one, always bought clothing at their plus size store in the old region of the country I lived in they don’t have one of those here. I headed to a rack where I saw some tasteful khaki shorts. As I was looking at them the saleswoman approached me and asked, “Excuse me, are you looking tor plus size or regular?” I had a moment of embarrassment and said, “well, I don’t know, I’ve lost a lot of weight and was thinking I would need regular but I guess I am not sure.” At that moment I looked down and saw the rack I was looking at had size 22W and she said, “you really look more of a regular size to me.” Whew! I guess I didn’t realize that store carried plus sizes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #22

Having the salesperson point out how small you are now, best NSV of the day.

(Jennibc) #23

But how telling that I assumed she was insinuating I was too fat to be shopping there! It’s that dang little voice that @debg mentioned. I am finally at the point where the voice is gone.

(John) #24

We should start a hand-me down chain. For every person who just shrank out of their 48" waist pants, there may be someone who just got down to that size.

(Running from stupidity) #25

Dude, that’s absolutely standard hipster clothing. ABSOLUTELY STANDARD

I got told that too. And that’s before I lost weight on keto, now it looks like I’m wearing someone else’s suit.

Nice problem to have I suppose …

(less is more, more or less) #27

Here’s how you know I’m not making this up. Did you ever have a shirt that is so old, the button crumbles as you attempt to push it through the button hole? Threads are fine, so I’ll just replace the button.

(7d8230246c93d91200db) #28

This is great! Go find somr new great stuff!

(Laurie) #29

I take good care of my clothes, and I have several everyday items that I’ve had for 10 years or more–and I got them second hand. When I see a “Mom, that’s so 80s” comment, I’m like, what’s wrong with that? Do these shoulder pads make me look fat?

(Keto Travels) #30

I just did another little purge … shrank right through the next pair of black work pants I had cued up. I love second hand shopping, I feel less guilty about spending money on something I might not get to wear much that way… also my bank account is happy with me here :slight_smile:
Judging by the way things are going, I may even need a third round of winter wardrobe before long, everything is baggy again already. Sigh …

I have kept my favourite pieces of spring/autumn and summer wardrobe to see what they look like on me once I get there … I really would not hazard a guess at a body shape at any point in the future. I am guessing it’s going to be different with 40+ than it was at 17 anyway, and I have moved continents so often and purged so often that I am pretty much out of smaller clothes anyway … so for me there is no going back to anything apart maybe from a favourite dress or 2.

(Grant MacDonald) #31

Such a great feeling!

(less is more, more or less) #32

And, if you’re so inclined, I’ve blogged about it.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #33

“Two years ago, I never would have thought I’d be here, now. Yea, it’s a great feeling for an old again, new again, guy.”

Love!

(Jane) #34

I only lost a little over 30 lbs but I’m short so it’s a lot on me.

I went from an XL shirt to a M and I still pick up the M’s and hold them out in front of me and shake me head telling myself “no way”. LOL.

Yes, way. :smiley:

(Jane) #35

Good job on giving your clothes up @Screenack. Looking good in the suit!!!

(less is more, more or less) #36

I’ll happy take the 60 I’ve lost on low-carb over the 100 I lost on Jenny Craig. XL to M is fantastic!

Well we are in the middle of a pretty extreme heatwave and it has motivated me to clear out a lot of clothing just for something to do while it is too hot to venture outdoors.
Heatwaves are great for drying washing in 10 minutes in the sun…so I washed everything I owned and have got rid of all that doesn’t fit. A lot of empty drawer space left.
Two friends I know and one farmer I don’t know (but she sounds lovely)…are receiving bags of the clothes that I loved but really can’t wear anymore (because people told me they looked ridiculously floppy on me). I have now shrunk 4 sizes. I don’t feel a whole lot different yet but I am stunned that clothes that were way too small that I got for future wear are now loose…think I should get through the rest of this summer in a sarong.
And I am really enjoying my friends pleasure at their new clothes. It’s a great feeling.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #38

A sarong and a tank is my standard at home uniform in the summer.

Way to go. I have to find a way to be decent when I venture outside. Went into a shop yesterday and the clothes 3-4 sizes smaller than I am giving away were a bit on the large size…so…confused about what to do next!
Used to buy for quality, now simply don’t know.

However, I do realize this is a definite quality problem!

Not complaining… just really darn confused about how to buy clothes anymore.
Buying nothing. Wearing mothers clothes i previously bought her. She’s now a bed-bound amputee due to inadequate treatment of metabolic issues…etc. etc. etc. During the past 9 years I bought her a wonderful wardrobe of natural fabrics that she can’t wear except for nightdresses.
Adding in.
Getting dire now. Shrunk out of everything. :grinning:
Got onto Marie Kondo on Netflix. Charities here no longer want clothes donated cause of the Marie Kondo effect. Too many donations.

(less is more, more or less) #40

Another update

Newbies commonly lament here about how their weight loss isn’t moving as they’d like to see. I don’t doubt this can be frustrating. As I enter my 23rd month of low-carb living, my weight-scale has been rather undramatic in its consistency. I’ve been solidly in the 220’s. Sure, I’d like it to drop below 200, but I’m more concerned I maintain my successes.

And I am, merely by sticking to Dr. Westman’s Page Four.

As you can see in today’s newly snapped photo, while the numbers are dull, change continues. I continue to donate my way-too-big clothing.

Just when I think I’m done donating newly-old clothes, my continued success forced me to clear these old reliable but oversized clothing.