Odd Reaction

(Tovan Nhsh) #1

For the past few weeks I have been having a very strange reaction to one of my regular meals. The meal is: one avocado, two tbsp of apple cider vinegar, one tbsp of brewers yeast, one oz of crushed pork skins & a half tsp of pink salt. All of this is mixed together & I REALLY like the dish ( eat it every afternoon for my first meal ).

However as of two weeks ago, within ten or so minutes I experience this strange flushed feeling. Honestly it reminds me of the gas you receive at the dentist- my body tingles & I get a “far away” feeling. The first time this happened it somewhat freaked me out.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? The strange thing is that I consume all of the ingredients (except avocado) throughout the rest of the day with no reaction.

(TJ Borden) #2

Well, there’s probably your next self experiment. Try just avocado and see if there’s a reaction. Avocado allergies aren’t uncommon.

(Allie) #3

I get this type of thing along with nausea from eating avocado sometimes. Not every time so I don’t understand it, but it’s definitely the avocado that causes it.

(Karen) #4

I get a hitbof heartburn from avocado

K

(Tovan Nhsh) #5

Coolbeans, similar thing here. The reaction varies in severity. Good to know it isn’t just me :slight_smile: Thanks for the response!

(Tovan Nhsh) #6

Yeah, I’ve thought the same thing. Unfortunately I can’t stand avocado generally, hence all the additives. Guess I’ll just assume it’s the avocado. So long as it’s not indicative of anything harmful I suppose I’ll just deal with it.

(Tovan Nhsh) #7

Wonder what about the avocado does that to you?

(Karen) #8

Here’s a guess

K

(Tovan Nhsh) #9

Wow, learn something new every day!

(Jay AM) #10

Even me, someone with a latex allergy, didn’t know about some of the things on this list. Jack fruit is another food that has natural latex.

This explains my tomato problem.

(Germaine M Schweibinz) #11

It also could be a histamine reaction, every one of the things you put in that meal is high histamine. That meal would put me in the hospital. Your reactions are also histamine responses. .

(Tovan Nhsh) #12

That’s not something I had considered. You’ve given me a new topic to learn about - Thanks!

(Carole ) #13

Mmm, maybe that is why my stomach is upset alot, I eat an avacado several times a week.