Nutribullet or Ninja?

(Bansaw) #1

I’ve seen a Keto bread recipie that looks good that uses Flaxseed (aka Linseeds).
However, it looks like you need a Nutribullet to pulverize the seeds properly.
I hear the Ninja can do a decent job.
Is everyone here OK with the Ninja or is a Nutribullet way, way better?

Ninja Master Prep $35 or $49 ?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQZZLCK/ref=psdc_3117947011_t1_B003XU3C7M?th=1

Or, do I need a 900watt beast?
https://www.amazon.com/Nutri-Ninja-Blender-Silver-BL456/dp/B00Y2U1QUM/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1526417525&sr=1-5&keywords=Nutri+NINJA+BL455

(Jay AM) #2

How often do you think you’ll actually be using it?

(Bansaw) #3

Maybe about once a week. I’d like Keto bread fairly regular.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #4

It’s a lot pricier, but I love my Vitamix. I use it almost daily. Its the best investment I’ve made in the kitchen, even above my KitchenAid mixer.

I know a lot of people can’t swing it, but if you can afford it, Vitamix beats Ninja and Nutribillet hands down.

(Jay AM) #5

There’s a review below and they specifically mention flaxseed. It’s worth noting, however, that if you won’t use this blender for anything else, just buy flax meal preground. You’ll save money and if the bread turns out awful you won’t have a machine sitting around. You could also consider breads made of coconut or almond flour instead. Or, get rid of your bread addiction entirely. Either way.

(Chris W) #6

Try a coffee grinder, I use them to pulverize black peppercorns all the time. Although I think my ninja could do it, I don’t think it would do it well I have the larger ninja kitchen model. I does awsome on smoothies or milkshakes though.

(Vincent Hall) #7

The Ninja is very noisy howevrr I use mine daily for a minute and it’s quick to reduce seeds etc to finer size. Easy to clean, and appears to be more than powerful enough to reduce frozen fruit, avocads, and a lot of ice to a milkshake consistency. It’s my recommendation, even if it is noisy.
\v/

I recom Nutribullett from Best Blender For Smoothies to get new one!

(Marta Loftfield) #9

I have a friend whose ninja “exploded”. Seriously injured her hand.

(Bunny) #10

I have the bullet and love it :heartbeat: I was thinking of getting this one (prep pro system) too!

(Bunny) #11

“…exploded” OMG really?

(Marta Loftfield) #12

She said she was blending, it was almost finished and the cup broke apart badly injuring her hand. Lots of stitches. I searched the internet this is not an isolated incident. It looks like nutribullet has a similar issue :scream:. Glad I am old school with a 1970’s blender!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #13

Pretty much this.

(Bunny) #14

That’s when crazy glue comes in handy!

Now I scared of Ninja Bullet! :scream:

(Viktoria) #15

I advise you to choose a ninja blender, as this is the best blender for smoothies, it is powerful, at a good price and it has good component parts.
Why do you consider only these two blenders? I also want to advise you to read this review https://homeexpertreviews.com/best-blender-for-green-smoothies/, maybe then your choice will be right

(Richard Baker) #16

Recently I bought KitchenAid because it was recommended by Americas Test Kitchen. I’m glad I did. I mainly use it for smoothies. It crushes the ice easy and makes them so smooth and creamy it’s like a milkshake. I don’t see how any of the more expensive ones could possibly do a better job.