Nut butter mixer

(eat more) #1

oh dear lord like i need another thingamajiggy…especially in my teeny tiny kitchen? i didn’t even know such a thing existed!
i’ve just been using a knife and getting a work out (almond butter) or dumping into a bowl and using a hand mixer (peanut). LOL

@MKChitown - to make your pb love easier :blush:

Thanks @mikki, I just ordered one!

I consider it like “medical equipment”, but too bad I can’t convince the government and charge it to my Health Savings Account (HSA)! :wink:

(eat more) #3

“professional supplies” LOL

(Michelle) #4

Thanks @mikki !! :grin:

(eat more) #5

any forum reviews on this yet? @BillJay ?
i have it on my wishlist for my next prime order :slight_smile:

So far, the almond butter hasn’t been lasting long enough to need the mixer :wink:, and on 2 occasions, the jar lid didn’t match the size of the mixer.

I bought the mixer with that works with the smaller jar and recently bought a smaller jar of almond butter, so I’ll have to try it and see.

(eat more) #7

oh weird my almond butter (costco) needs mixing before first use and i apparently never get the bottom incorporated and it’s all dry and chunky at the end :blekk: LOL
I measured my lid…hopefully it fits LOL

(Tim W) #8

Store your jar upside down, it makes it a lot easier to stir when you flip over and take the top off.

(eat more) #9

i’ve done that too…i’ve even impersonated a home depot paint shaker machine :joy:

Thanks for posting this, Mikki! I had never heard of such a device.

I eat almond butter almost every day, and I HATE it when I get into a new jar and have to stir it (if you refrigerate it afterwards, it stays stirred). I had a pretty good technique down, using a long, thin silicone spreader (with a stiff metal core), but I still always ended up with some of it on my hands, and scraping the spreader clean was a hassle. So I jumped on this gadget!

I get my almond butter at Costco (Kirkland Signature), and the jar is a little bigger than the model 400 specs (27-ounce vs. 26-ounce, and 3.5-inch lid vs. 3.25), but I decided to give it a try. Fits fine! It’s easy and quick to use, it did a good job (even on the concrete bottom), and the stirring rod comes out completely clean.

I’m amazed. So happy I got this!

(eat more) #11

i may have to go home and eat the open jar up so i can be amazed too! :blush:

(eat more) #12

i’m so sad and not amazed…the 400 actually doesn’t fit my kirkland creamy almond butter (27oz)…
i mean it “sort of” fits but turning the crank pops the lid off…
i soldiered on holding the lid and turning the crank and there was still oil sitting in top that i stirred with a knife
:sob:

How odd. I didn’t have that problem at all, but I did have to work with it a bit to get the lid on in the first place. The tab on the clear piece made it difficult. Considered cutting it off (but didn’t). Once I got the lid screwed on, it didn’t come off until I unscrewed it. But getting it on was definitely the hardest part of the process.

Yeah, mine seemed to have a bit of oil still on top, too, so I got the lid back on and cranked for longer, pulling the crank up and almost out before plunging it back to the bottom several times. That did the trick.

Oh, that’s a shame! I can’t wait to use mine again; I thought it made the whole process so much easier. But it’s good that you posted your experience so that others with similar issues will know they aren’t the only ones.

(eat more) #14

i’m wondering if that was the issue and i just wasn’t patient enough…the crank is a bit too long but i can deal with it…i’ll for sure try again :blush: