NSV, not really about me

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

If you have read any of my posts you know my DH’s T2D got me into keto/lchf cooking etc. He eats what I cook for him but he still will cook things I no longer cook, like potatoes, wwheat pasta, wheat breads, etc. I don’t nag him, it is his body. True I’m his caregiver when and if he gets sick. but I refuse to do battle over food daily. I take my victories when I can and accept the battles lost.

So today, I was so freakin’ happy when he decided to clean out the cupboards all gluten based flours GONE. All the rolled oats GONE carby pancake mix GONE. Last of the cane sugar GONE, maple syrup GONE. I almost cried I was so happy, he just did that on his own. Best NSV ever for me. He’s learning this WOE works for him on his own, he has learned this. He is still not perfect but this was a HUGE step forward for him.

Sounds like patience and a good support system was all that was needed. It took me two months of “playing around” with Keto before I committed, maybe it was the same for him.
Congrats!

(Darlene Horsley) #3

I am IMPRESSED! Just wow!

(Liz ) #4

Oh my goodness I feel relieved for you! This is very exciting. I hope you both continue to get good results.