NSV - No More BP Meds

(Central Florida Bob ) #1

Last February, I saw my GP and told him I’d been monitoring my blood pressure because something made me curious if my BP was too low. I showed him data and he suggested I stop taking my BP pill until my next visit and if the data was reasonable he’d say to stay off them.

Today was that next visit. I showed him the data, told him how I did it (two measurements, a minute apart, averaged), and he said he saw no reason anyone would put me on the BP pills.

I’ve been taking Diovan since the early 2000s. I might get high readings in doctor’s or dentist’s offices, but not when taken in a less stressful place.

What really struck me is a three month average of blood pressure while taking Diovan was 112 over 73.
My six month average without Diovan went all the way up to 115 over 74. Really effective pills right there.

This means Keto (and weight loss, I’m sure) have gotten me off of the BP pills, an asthma inhaler (Pulmicort), and a proton pump inhibitor (Prilosec OTC). I’m still taking a heartburn med, but I switched to famotidine (Pepcid AC).

Prilosec is hard to get off. I had tried many times but the rebound was awful. Fasting got me off it within a month or two.

(Susan) #2

Congrats Bob, that is fantastic!

Awesome on being off the blood pressure and asthma meds, two victories that is so nice. Maybe in time you can go off the heartburn meds? Did you ask him about that? Maybe he can alter down the Prilosec in dosages?

I had very high blood pressure in January, my doctor asked me to buy a blood pressure monitor and keep track and I did and wrote it down for a few weeks. I started Keto in February and it started coming down from Keto, so I haven’t been back to the doctors yet… I am not going because it is very complicated to get there, so hopefully by the time I go he will notice I am healthier =).

(Central Florida Bob ) #3

Thanks, Susan.

I didn’t ask about it, but I’m studying what I can find and trying to figure out a reason I get it.

(Susan) #4

You would think that Keto would help for that too, I am guessing that you have found some lessening of pain in your joints as well? I know my body is still carrying way too much weight, but I have lost 46 pounds so far, and my body is starting to have less aches and pains =). How much weight have you lost on Keto? Are you in Maintenance now or still have more you want to lose?

(Central Florida Bob ) #5

Yes, but that wasn’t a major thing for me. I have arthritis particularly in my hands and since they’re not weight bearing, the reduction in pain has to be from less inflammation. Well, arthritis is kind of weird in that it doesn’t hurt the same every day. It gets worse in spurts and then hardly hurts at all for a while.

I’ve lost around 65 pounds, but over a long time. In the last few months (since mid May), I re-lost about 18 or 20. I’d like to lose more and get down to 20% BF. That would be about another 9 pounds.

(Susan) #6

Okay, that is awesome, best wishes on the rest of your weight loss goals then =).

(Central Florida Bob ) #7

Thank you! And good luck to you, too.

(Susan) #8

Thank you, Bob =).