NSV I wasn't expecting

(Carolyn aka stokies) #1

I always had perfect vision, but I also had hyper-strong vision… seeing way further than most clearly, and no problem seeing things up close. My husband who had corrective lasik surgery was annoyed at how much further down the road I could see signs etc. even AFTER his surgery LOL.

The past few years I noticed that I had lost distance - but still well within a normal range. And I thought all my screen time was dulling the sharpness of my visual acuity. I tried to make sure I was hydrated and took care with protective eyewear and such.

Flash forward to now - and my vision has returned to its previous crisp level of detail and back to longer distances, as it once was. I started to pay attention after listening to @richard on 2KD speaking about how his body was stealing moisture from his eyes while he was sick with T2D… makes so much sense!

I know that this probably means little to most, but as an artist and photographer, I was saddened with the changes I had assumed came with getting older. It means so much that I was surprised with its return :slight_smile:

(Carl Keller) #2

Now that you mention it, I thought it was odd after I replaced my last cheapie pair of reading glasses. I usually buy 2.0 but when I tried them on, it didn’t quit feel comfortable. So I tried 1.75 and it was perfect. I thought maybe it had something to do with it being a different brand than I normally buy… but now I’m wondering if my vision has improved. :sunglasses:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

:heart::heart:

(Janelle) #4

That’s awesome. Not the same for me. My vision worsens with age - keto or not. Just got new, higher prescription contacts this week.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #5

One reason I stay keto (what gets me back on track if I eat non-keto) is that the jury is pretty much in that sugar causes cataracts. Two years ago the doctor found trace cataracts in both eyes. (Well, I’m 60, duh…) But, if sugar feeds cataracts, then I am hoping if I stay keto that they won’t get any bigger. He said at this point I am a few years away from surgery. But, he also said if they did the surgery corrective lenses would be installed and I would not need to wear contacts anymore. I love the thought of no contacts, but love the thought of healthy eyes even better.